Burndy advice

I’ve not connected anything with a Burndy before but if I’m doing XPSDR to DAC is there any general advice, do’s/don’ts ? cannot mess around, as an aside cannot believe the PowerLine is a pound short of 600 quid now!

Hi Calum: Good to ask as everything take some fuss. The cable is directional, so the end with the band on it goes toward the DAC. It does like to hang free and not touch the floor if possible, and most other cables should cross it at a 90-degree angle if possible, especially power cables. There is some wisdom too about letting it “relax” in a certain position before installing it, but others will have to comment on that part. Otherwise sit back and enjoy!

@Richard.Dane gave some really good advice recently. What I remember is that it is essential to get the the Burndy connectors aligned naturally with the boxes. Naturally means they require no twisting to align. If this is not the case then grasp both end and bring them to the required alignment and then start swinging the cable back and forth for a long as it takes for the stresses to disappear and the connectors to align naturally. Generally the cable needs to reach a state of being supple rather than stiff. Remember if the boxes are at different heights this will introduce rotation which the relaxing process needs to allow for.

Phil

1 Like

With my 4 boxes made up of a 272 and a 300 each with their own PS box, I swapped their positions from (top to bottom)

555ps
300ps

to

300ps
555ps

This increases the distance from ps to its partner and allows the Burndys to hang more naturally without touching the floor.

1 Like

I might swap the 202 and DAC around then to

CD5XS
DAC
XPS DR

Although then DC1 may be stressed with CD and DAC next to each other. Will the Burndy be OK with just the 200 between the XPS and DAC I don’t really want the 202 to be third down

Try the 202 on the top. When I had one it liked the top position. I had my CD5X directly below it. Depending on your set up you may want the DAC below though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.