Burndy and Snaic... for the last time? 52/252/552 Poll

have sellotape currently - sounds fooknn awesome.

Hi Richard, of course my post was somewhat tongue in cheek, as there was no chance of course that I wasn’t going to have a tinker. As you can see from photo no point of touching and using 4 cable ties allowed me to achieve a fairly even distance between the two. Bit of a faff in this heat tbh. But was it worth it ( !? )after 17 years with my 552 with crossed cables throughout and no idea how that crept in.
Allowing the preamp a couple of hours after a 30 second shut down, I have to say the difference wasn’t subtle. Always experienced a slightly emphasis of the upper frequencies on female vocals, something I attributed to my room- that’s gone! There is a significant increase in resolution ( or maybe less noise) allowing better detail retrieval, separation and soundstage overall. To try and compare with a past upgrade, the magnitude of improvement was the same as fitting the sparkly bottom to my G3 distribution box.
THERE IS A HAPPY BUNNY MY END, and hey maybe a good reason for hanging out in this mad place, and goes to show that it’s never too late to pick up some free upgrades. :+1:t3: Thanks again Peter

Also thank you to the OP for raising awareness re this.

2 Likes

Good news Peter. Told you, no snake oil…,

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.