Buying NAC A5 Online?

I’m having difficulty sourcing NAC A5 here in Dublin as the demand is so low dealers are reluctant to buy in a roll and end up being stuck with it. Can anyone recommend a dealer or source in the UK that would do mail order to Ireland whilst also giving a good deal on the cable? I need close to 20m. Failing that I might go down the Witch Hat N2 route.

The 'bay have several sellers that will sell by the metre… I’m sure they’ll ship to Dublin. Might be worth a try.

1 Like

I’m sure Cymbiosis or Tom Tom would oblige. Both have an online shop.

2 Likes

I recently compared Witch Hat N2 speaker cable with my NACA5 as I needed longer lengths. There was surprisingly very little difference so I bought the N2 for half the price of NACA5 with the added advantage of greater flexibility.

1 Like

NAC A5 may be one of the best cable to use with Naim amplifiers but I would not buy it new today as the rise in price since it first appeared compared to today’s price is absolutely outrageous.

2 Likes

20m is a long run. Have you seen how hard it is to work with (that is, it’s very stiff / inflexible)? And at retail, that’s a lot of money.

Lyric Hi-fi in Belfast likely have it in stock as they got a reel in last year when I needed 24m. Two hours on the train from Dublin, £35 return web fare, make a day of it. If you’re buying that much I’d imagine Michael will refund the rail fare. Give him a call and check if he has it in stock.

Willy.

2 Likes

I have used hifix very recently to order NACA5 on-line, very quick response with a superb service. A saving of £4.50 per metre too. No problem with shipping to Ireland I would think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.