Cable burn in

I am unsure about how to share some documents and links about cable aging, cable burn-in and other interesting points, in industries different of audio (this at least should help to close the claim that if it does not exist in other industries, it does not exist in audio). Can somebody refer me to the rules in this forum?

With this in mind - please do not post “live” links to commercial hi-fi or other commercial websites and please do not link or make any reference to discussions posted on other forums or social media platforms. Any links posted in the Hi-fi Corner that are deemed by the moderators to have any commercial purpose, or that have further links therein that lead to commercial websites, will be removed.

(link is on the main page top right)

1 Like

Some analog cables can transfer a digital signal.

Many digital cables cannot transfer an analog signal.

An in any case the cables recommended for each application have very different characteristics: impedance, etc.

Please just paraphrase if possible. Otherwise forum rules are in the FAQ.

1 Like

The debate will stop definitely after Raphael’s measurements.
Joking of course, but who knows, maybe his test will be recognised. I hope so.

1 Like

Sorry for the diversion but it is nice to share a moment of normality. I hope to be able to travel also with my family, soon.

I am reading and preparing to be back in the discussion in good shape, soon.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like a train at all!

I would not be so sure…the French rail network is pretty sophisticated.

2 Likes

We should probably see the new Maglev train, from China.

1 Like

This is a very short train though :wink:

1 Like

If Rafael needs a precision instrument to measure time, a Chinese train would be useful. Arrival and departure times are atomic clock accurate. Passengers are like olympic athletes on starting blocks for boarding and leaving the train.

1 Like

Train a sustentation magnetic ( magnetic levelled). The real should be longer….

I know, just kidding. I rode the older maglev in Shanghai a few times to the airport

1 Like

I know, and In an earlier post on tge proposed testing I did suggest listening tests before the electrical.

But something would be achieved if testing proved categorically that there is change. (Unfortunately if there is no change, testing can’t prove that categorically, only that playing music or whatever, at whatever power, for whatever period, does not cause any changes of types x,y,z detectable by methods a,b,c).

1 Like

Reading… There really is a lot of crap about audio cables in internet, I can understand that it makes some of you angry.

2 Likes

It’s so, so bad. People deserve not to be misled and when it comes to things you are passionate about I think it is all too easy to want to believe this stuff. Most if not all of us have a limited budget, and we want the best sound we can get for our money.

When I demo’d my system at a certain high-end London store they had a system set up in their other listening room that was using £65k speaker cables. SIXTY. FIVE. THOUSAND.

It got me thinking like ‘jeez, I should at least splash out a couple of £k on some cables to do my system justice…’ and then the more I read the more I became suspicious. So much implausible nonsense. So much magic without any evidence.

1 Like

Just a curious question. Lots of disproving of each other’s opinions, facts and theories going on, what are we going to gain out of all this discussion and testing that is to be done.

A big - “I told you so” from one forum member to another is all I see.

Will anyone change the decision process they use to make cable purchases?

And now back to our regularly scheduled program……listening to music with my Naim interconnects. :yum:

Scott

Let’s carry on. Let’s open our minds. Let’s have a civilized discussion.

Perhaps a new start up is in our future. Perhaps we will win the Nobel price.

Many big things have started with less.

And I practice my English…

The sceptics or non-believers here are not trying to prove a point, they are just looking for what is real and what is not, ‘the truth’ so to speak.

It’s similar to asking Galileo what is to gain by proving that the earth revolves around the sun, instead of the other way around. :earth_americas:

I’m sure there are still people out there who believe that the earth is the center of the universe, but a whole lot less than 400 years ago.

2 Likes