Cable upgrade for Silent Angel Bonn 8 and Forester F1

At least the NAPSC is connected to the pre

In the meantime bought myself a Silent Angel Bastei (light orange) 5V cable. Only could listen for a couple of tracks but yes, there is a slight improvement on SQ. Voices a bit more distinct, fade out and breaths a tiny bit longer, silince a bit more silent. But againā€¦it is subtle. But had a good offer so I guessedā€¦what the heck.

Other question. I have put the F1 power block on top of the Bonn 8 switch. Is this OK or does one think that placing them next to each other will be better?

I tried this but prefer the black supplied cable. The plugs to socket are a much better secure tight fit. I think this has a more positive effect than the Bastei cable.

G

1 Like

Didnā€™t you have the orange cable in wrong (oppositie) direction? I understood the little flag with the arrow should point towards the power supply. And do you think the switch on top is better? Perhaps I should try that as well.

The arrow I assumed followed the current from supply to switch, no? Top or bottom is unlikely to matter but ymmv.

G

Not very clearly describedā€¦

Thanks but that makes no sense to me at all Jan.

G

That is all I could find om their site.

I think arrow follows current is more logical but this is one rabbit hole Iā€™ll not go down!

G

1 Like

I will send them an e-mail.

1 Like

They responded alreadyā€¦indeed the arrow on the falg should follow the current stream. So from F1 PS to the switch. You were right :).

1 Like

Thanks Jan.

G

FWIW there are also people who have never liked what silver cables do, ever, whether for mains cables, analogue or even digital signal cables. Iā€™m one of them. Over the years Iā€™ve kept trying again, curious to be proven wrong, but one way or another they always bring something to the party that I donā€™t like.

Donā€™t like silver? Hmmm :thinking:, do you have a reflection in a mirror? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The light orange version of this Bastei cable I have is copper-to-copper. For me it works. There are 4 flavours of this cable, indeed also with silver. Never heard them.

Have you tried a silver dc cable from your ex Sean Jacobs to ER?
I mostly prefer copper too, but sometimesā€¦.as for my Audioquest diamond Ethernet.

Iā€™ve tried Seanā€™s silver cables. Theyā€™re good, but I prefer the copper.

Frankly, I donā€™t know what people see in mirrorsā€¦ā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.