Cables needed for HICAP Dr

Trying to get a definitive answer.
If I get a HiCap DR for my SN 2 what cable (s) do I need besides a standard mains cable. And what does it come with it?

1 Like

Hi Opus My HiCap DR came with a power cord and a Snaic 4. you will need to purchase a Snaic 5 to complete the connection to your SN2.

Kind Regards
WolF
Using SN3 with HiCap DR

WolF
Snaic 5 is for what purpose? To other NAP like this?

1 Like

Even if you are using the SN2 Poweramp, you need the cable connect back to that.

1 Like

How odd. The HiCap comes with a SNAIC 5 normally. To complete the SN connection it’s the 4-pin cable that needs to be acquired.

Hi I have just been corrected the HiCap Dr does come with a Snaic 5. You will need a additional Snaic 4 cable that connects from the Hicap Dr back to the SN2.

I have attached a screen shot of the SN3 connected to a HiCap Dr. The SN2 is connected the same way.

Kind Regards

WolF

2 Likes

Hi Yes you are correct. It was my previous FlatCap XS that came only with a Snaic 4.

Thanks for letting me know.

Kind Regards

WolF

1 Like

Ok so the HCDR comes with a snake 5 but I need to also purchase a snake 4. Does Naim make upgraded snakes? Or is it just the one level? I ask because it’s annoying to have to go and buy the better ones later.

Hi Yes they do its called the Hi-Line signal cable.

Good luck with your purchase.

Kind Regards

WolF

There is no HiLine for SNAICS (nor SuperLumina). Just for ICs.

Buy the HiCap DR, which includes the SNAIC 5. Acquire the SNAIC 4 (is it actually called a SNAIC?). Done.

Thanks. Now to gather some $$ to spend

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.