Calling all Scousers: Tips for visiting Liverpool

Great post Jonathan, the city has moved on leaps and bounds in recent years. There has been a lot if investment. I don’t know anyone who has visited and not enjoyed it.

1 Like

I need to give that one a go then.

1 Like

I’m not a Scouser so I find that that Sefton Park and especially Lark Lane are very pleasant.

1 Like

Lots of great info here, so my wife and I thank you.

Are there any vegan restaurants in the city? And what’s the best Indian place?

I don’t want to jinx it, so let’s just say that we look forward to the trip – if Liverpool win the league.

For Indian I would recommend Mowgli, there’s one on Bold Street and I think the other is on Water Street. Originally it was only going to be a one outlet venture, but has proven so successful they are branching out all around the country. They are always full, testament to the quality of the food and service. I would advise to book if you intend to visit, although I’m not 100% sure if the one on Bold St takes bookings. Well worth a visit.

2 Likes

2nd vote for Lark Lane. Nicest place to live in Liverpool.

1 Like

I spent a couple of years in Liverpool in the '80s. It was in the aftermath of the Toxteth riots, and in many respects the city was on a bit of a downer, but I was lucky enough to live in a house very close to Lark Lane, and I really enjoyed the area.

In Liverpool with my wife for a couple of days Christmas shopping and went to the Cavern Club for a few beers last night. Absolutley AWSOME and highly recommended.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.