Campagnolo electronic gears

Over a year on my SRAM AXS shifter batteries and the software says plenty of charge left. Quark powermeter battery just running out now…

No experience of the electronic set up. But my brother has Campy and the key problem seems to be the cost and availability of spares.

And that was before the B-Word made every import and export harder.

I took delivery of a Moots Vamoots RCS recently, and it has SRAM Force AXS 48/35 x 10-36. I love it, coming from a road bike with Shimano Di2 Ultegra 52/36 x 11-34 and a gravel bike with Shimano Di2 GRX 42 x 10-42 (it’s a SRAM XX1 cassette).

I wouldn’t bother with Red for AXS, unless you like spending a lot more to see prettier components with exotoic materials. The internals are the same as with Force. Furthermore, if you want a power meter, the Red crank set has it fully integrated and when you wear out the chainrings you have to replace the whole damn thing. With Force the chainrings and power meter spider are separate components.

Nevertheless I really love my SRAM AXS setup, and the gearing layout is much more suitable to me than the Shimano 52/36 x 11-34 I have on my other (now backup) road bike.

My Vamoots is a few years old but still a lovely thing. I have a YBB too.

Bruce

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.