Can anyone identify these floor standing speakers?

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 07.40.55

Great sound. No idea what make they are. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Guy

Guy, maybe some peps here have owned similar, otherwise I think the most likely person to have some idea is our knowledgeable leader @Richard.Dane - but then there are no tape controls…maybe with luck he knows!

Musical Technology ‘Kestrel’.

G

5 Likes

Good find Graeme. Not come across those before. They look to be from the late 80’s - early 90’s from the styling ?

1 Like

Well done Graeme. I remember these from around the turn of the century but have never heard a pair.

1 Like

Those Hawks looked super.

I’m sure I read a (good) review of them some years ago.

G

Could be the ‘Harrier’ model actually.

G

I should be careful using that phrase amongst all of us old guys Richard. I immediately thought of 1900 not 2000!

4 Likes

Yes, I can vividly remember being sat in the pub drinking pints with friends and looking ahead to the year 2000 and thinking just how old we would be. It seemed so far off…

4 Likes

That’s nothing. My daughter just got her provisional driving licence through the post and the expiry dates listed on the back were all 25/04/75.

‘Idiots’, I thought, ‘that should be her 70th birthday’. Then I realised exactly which year the 75 was referring to. Then I needed another glass of wine.

Mark

4 Likes

I recall being sat in safety workshops in the run up to the year 2000 speculating what would happen to the UK railway network when the clocks ticked over.

Except the UK rail network imploded on Jan 1st 1970. The epoch.

1 Like

I know one or two IT consultants that made a small fortune on the back of the Y2K panic.

DG…

1 Like

Guilty as charged :partying_face:. And 2038 could be another fun time.

2 Likes

The “Eagles” would no doubt offer the best pin point soundstage details…

Still does, just now in the rear view mirror!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.