Can I see lyrics on TV while streaming Tidal to Naim NSC222

Well the title says it all doesn’t it?

I would like to see lyrics displayed on my TV but the Naim doesn’t do video out or anything.

Is there a way to stream to both devices simultaneously? Or any other solution?

I opened a post about this and only found screencasting an iPad to the TV. Is this also possible with android? Are there other options.

Some smart TV’s have the Tidal app:
https://tidal.com/supported-devices

Else you could cast/airplay to your TV and use a digital out to your Naim streamer… doesn’t work particularly reliably on my setup, but you might have better luck.

I find that I can’t stream the app to the Naim while simultaneously using screen cast on my iPad. How does that work?

I’m not aware of any way to split-cast (send audio to one device, video to another). You’ll need to daisy-chain like I mentioned: cast both audio+video to one device and take audio or video out from that, to the next device.

@Steinwerck
Use the Tidal App on your TV and take the optical digital output from the TV into your 222, that way you get what you want.
If your TV does not support the Tidal App then get an Amazon Fire TV Stick for your TV and that will get the Tidal App for you.
The only down side is that your TV’s optical digital output may not give you Tidal Hi-Res and maybe only be 16/48 which is CD quality sound, but that is still very good sound quality.
I watch/listen to Tidal streamed Hi-Definition music videos and concerts this way and my top of the range Samsung TV optical digital output gives me 24/48 Hi-Res sound quality output into my Lumin P1 Streamer/DAC, its very impressive

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.