Can I use bluetooth speakers with a Uniti Atom Headphone Edition?

been bantering between the uniti atom regular and headphone edition. Will be listening primarily with headphones, and a previous post did a good jib of explaining the sonic benefits of the headphone edition. But would still like to listen to some (non-critical, background, grandkids, etc) music through speakers, and don’t want to buy powered wired speakers. Wondering if the uniti atom headphone edition will hook up to a portable bluetooth speaker?

I think it’s Bluetooth input. Not output. So Bluetooth can connect to Atom. But Atom can’t output to headphones/ speakers by Bluetooth.

Should imagine you could get some kind of Bluetooth projector that would output via headphones socket or the Pre-out at the rear ?

If you’re desperate, a BT transmitter (which will likely have RCA L/R or a 3.5mm Mini Jack audio input) will get audio out of the Atom and to a BT speaker.
It’ll work but won’t perform particularly well, if you can (and the experience will be far superior) get a pair of active speakers and connect via the XLR Preamp Outputs on the Atom.

Another option is a WiiM Mini, which can both input and output BT.

1 Like

You don’t need to use Bluetooth to connect to a little speaker, most will have a 3.5mm jack socket input. You’ll need a double phono/rca to Jack plug interconnect.

And then something like this;

Thanks, that is what i suspected.

1 Like

Thanks, i will look into this possibility

Thanks, I’ll look into this possibility

Thanks, I’ll look into this

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.