Cannot cast music to modem connected streamer via Mesh WiFi

I don’t know the Talk Talk operations, but I think that is a very astute observation and motivator.
Do they not offer a malware/phishing protection services, perhaps with its own portal? If not perhaps consider changing ISP?

Yes they do, and you get it free on one device only. Having to save and spend money on Naim upgrades, I dont have the spare cash to spend on unimportant things like security :crazy_face:

That’s a shame BT I know offer web protect for phishing and malware to all devices on your broadband connection, or external wifi connection as part of their main packages… I guess you pay for what you get. But you must use the BT DNS obviously for your protection (hence why I recommend using your ISP DNS for protection purposes if they offer these services… which luckily I suspect for 99.9% of users who just plug and play this is the protection they have… it’s the tweakers who potentially expose themselves to more threats)

1 Like

Maybe, but if that one device is your router then it covers all the devices on your network.

If you’re using the TalkTalk router it may well not let you change the DNS servers. I’m on TalkTalk but use a 3rd party router and it is a long time since I had the TT router plugged in.

It does indeed allow you to change it. The free device protection is for a single Windows PC or Apple Mac device only only

That’s the SuperSafe boost which is basically just F-Secure internet security software.

HomeSafe is the service that filters out unwanted stuff at the ISP end

Thanks - just looked at Homesafe. It appears I was already using it, but have now also added Kids Safe which you then select what areas you want to block (Gambling, Violence, Dating, self harm etc). You can then also block up to 9 sites that you define. A little limiting, but it is free. Anyway, trying it now, so will see how it goes. Thankfully this Forum doesn’t come under any of those categories :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.