Can't post more than 3 times

Just tried to post some albums I have been listening to for about 3 -4 weeks and thought I might start participating in the forum again afterwards but when I went to post a 4th album cover I got the can’t post more than 3 times notification.

I just ended up deleting the posts

This is a standard limit that apparently is intended to encourage discussion. Absurd but there we are. You would have been able to post again if someone (anyone!) replied. Or you could have edited your reply to add another album…
Best
David

1 Like

I tend to listen to parts of albums rather than whole ones as it is a left over from the days I had to listen to an artists up and coming album release over and over again for days on end. Thought I would share some really good discs some not out yet with the members but ended up getting a bit p****d off so deleted them.

yes, you have to wait someone else post to add your third post.

Not convinced about the standard limit referred to by davidhendon, above, since I’ve been posting all afternoon, even though no one has replied, (nothing new there), so I can only assume that they’re out to get you, Ewen. :hushed:

yes , it’s a bit stupid. I guess it will be fixed or updated later.

I think this issue is 3 posts in the same thread. Happened to me recently on the Roon forum.

@ewemon, more than one album per post is the way to go and can I encourage you to do so as most of us here have added artists first mentioned by you.

.sjb

It’s part of the forum - designed to prevent a member just posting and posting without any discussion; the point I guess being that it’s a forum for discussion and not a personal blog.

If you want to post about multiple albums, just do it all in one or two posts. Should be easy enough to do now.

And yet,… ??

1 Like

Yes, the limit eases as you post more (ironically, or not) and your membership ‘trust level’ improves.

3 Likes

I now have come accross this multiple times. There are multiple use cases in which this doesn’t work…

1. Under the threads which you use for mention8ng what you downloaded. Yes I combine now massive lists - but still have to ignore posts as I am not allowed to add anymore.
  2. Posts like I had in the past about a music festival - North Sea Jazz, or show visits will also not work, as you want to logically split the post and not even type for one hour at one stretch to provide content

So bottom line it will not motivate me anymore to contribute as I did in the past. If that’s desired, then just keep this limitation, otherwise I would strongly advise to lift the limitation especially for strong contributors…

2 Likes

yes i agree. You can’t answer to 3 people. It’s annoying.

1 Like

It strikes me that in practice, except in the Padded Cell perhaps where you may find some obsessive Brexit posters that you can easily ignore, forum members don’t over-post and the limit on 3 posts is unnecessary.
Best

David

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

Haven’t seen this change the three replies topic still is there, while I would argue that I publish enough to be having a higher degree of response. Like I mentioned before this will mean that I will not publish anymore about the Munich show and the North Sea Jazz festival. As I am not going to wait for people responding or asking me questions, to continue the posting.

2 Likes

it would be sad, this thread had great success in the old forum.

Bert, unfortunately it’s a function of how the forum works. I’ll look into whether any changes can be made though.

1 Like

Not being able to post 3 times in a row only happened to me on the “What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?” thread. My favorite thread and the one I have made the majority of my posts. Since I live on the West Coast of the US and the time differences from the rest of the world, I figured I was the only person posting on that thread while a portion of the world was sleeping or perhaps in work. A slight annoyance but one that I can adapt to pretty easily.

1 Like

I have a ton of albums that are new/up and coming/re-released and certain members would probably be interested in but cannot be bothered doing so. I got abuse in the last forum because of what Richard is asking me to do so have just stopped posting.

Hi Ewemon, That’s exactly my point. I think your post have been very valuable in this matter and it doesn’t make sense to have the limitation - as anybody can ignore posts if you think it is too much, but can read it if you are interested… But it looks like Richard is looking into it. I hope he will find a solution as we are missing some interesting content as of now.

1 Like

OK, I looked at the back end and I must apologise as there was a setting that was incorrect. This is why you are still being limited. New users are still limited to 3 consecutive posts on a thread, but this should have increased once a member moved up in trust levels. I have now corrected it, although there is still a maximum limit on consecutive posts (It cannot be defeated) currently set at 8, which should hopefully be enough to accommodate just about everyone.

2 Likes