Cd storage

What are people using for cd storage ? (And I don’t mean a NAS or boxes in the loft ):grin:
…rather storage in a domestic living area…shelves ? Cabinets ?
Pictures would help.
Steve.

2 Likes

I enlisted the help of a mate to build these. Made from MDF (not recommended) with metal strips embedded flush for shelf height adjustment. Cost was just the MDF and some beers for my mate. Got a professional in to put the coving round them. Holds somewhere between 1100 and 1200 cd’s.

4 Likes

Ikea Benno in birch.

I had these made up by a local joiner/carpenter based on my measurements.

And these I bought from the back of a music mag a few years ago - shipped over from Holland - look great (galvanised metal) and great value.

19 Likes

Ditto but in black

Wow! That’s some rack and music collection. I’m impressed, @AndyP

3 Likes

Sadly that is just a fraction of the collection - all 12,000 CDs have been ripped (took 2 years) and now reside on a NAS which a bit more convenient.

The rest of the collection is catalogued, boxed up and languishing in the attic.

5 Likes

Sadly I don’t think the company who made this, Austin of Bicester are still in business.

3 Likes

Ignore the guitar obviously, but I have two of these racks. The rotate to get the CDs at the back and fit in convenient corners. About 160-180 CDs per unit. I have a lot of overflow dotted around as well.

1 Like

The lower shelves were made when I lived in Vilnius; the frame is mdf and the shelves glass, the bottom two shelves are angled out so that the cds are easy to read. The upper shelves are spare mdf resting on cds, dvds or books.

Hi CD storage is becoming an issue even though I am “luckier” than AndyP :grin:

Recently I have been experimenting with these sleeves that are indeed very handy but drain a bit of appeal from CDs. Nevertheless the ratio is 1:4 (4 cds in sleeves take the same place as a standard jewel case).
Except for some luxury editions or digipacks it works pretty well.

1 Like

Ours are from Ikea. Just the job!

4 Likes

Some cds are on these which are from Argos.

Good quality and fit close to the wall.

4 Likes

Not as impressive as looking at a shelf or rack full of CDs but this contains about 2000CDs. Space saving. I know that the op said no Nas drives but I think it shows that streaming has it’s pluses but not very sexy.

Just one NAS…:blush:

4 Likes

Ernie Ball guitar strings?

Yes 9 to 42 for my Gibson SG. :grinning:

2 Likes

So after much deliberation we went for Dieter Rams 606 shelving by Vitsoe… can’t recommend this company highly enough !
Pics below … plenty of room for Poundland visits :grin:

3 Likes

Filling up !

4 Likes

Like Fraim, a very elegant but not inexpensive solution. I also like the free-standing wooden bookshelf on the right. Can you name a source for that?

David