Cds3 service

Any update on your player ?

not heard anything yet players been at factory since 4th july so two weeks shouldn’t be much longer
the rega isis ain’t bad but its not a cds3 I’ll report back once its home.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back never heard the isis but the cds3 is a special player i love mine i am waiting for mine aswell gone 6 weeks now.what speakers are you using.

Mine skips so needs repair but its now been ousted by a streamer, which I bought when we were told the CDS3 mech couldn’t be repaired any more…

Now I have to decide - repair and keep for some as yet unknown potential future use, to sell fully serviced and repaired, to sell as is or to keep as is and see what the future brings.

I think I know what I’m going to do, but what would you do ?

I will be keeping mine not interested in selling.

1 Like

It was one of the reasons I got a 272 as a backup, plus it was the preamp I could afford that paired with a 250DR. So everything was in place for me to stream when the CDS3 packed up; it didn’t sound as good but meant I didn’t have a sudden scramble for a source. I then purchased a 555ps DR as my non-DR XPS wasn’t much of an improvement over a bare 272 and Innous Mk3 Mini for storage. I had given up all hope of getting the CDS3 fixed, but it’s now in for repair. I always felt the CDS3 was not in peak condition, so I look forward to hearing what it can do with a serviced XPS2 or 555PS. However, I am happy with 272/250/555.

1 Like

I have my cds3 on 555dr and it sounded fantastic looking forward to getting back.

1 Like

hi hawkmoon i have one of the first pmc ob1 to come off the production run had epos es14 for about 14 years to ages to find a replacement (aprox 12 months of borrowing everthing from my dealer)
i went to the bristol hifi show in 2003 heard the new prototype ob1 spoke to pete thomas ordered them there and then and haven’t found anything i like better apart from mb2se

Interesting thanks for reply.

I would get your CDS3 repaired. It is an amazing cd player that holds up well against modern competition.

2 Likes

If I had a CDS3 which had problems, I would definitely (try to) get it fixed…

I only have a humble CDX2, which is presently working well… :expressionless:

I had the cdx2 before cds3 the x2 is a brilliant player .

2 Likes

well peeps
I got my cds3 back from dealer Saturday morning and yes I’m back in business.since it left the house the last week of may i was loaned to cd players a marantz sa10 and a rega isis i enjoyed the isis more than the marantz but the cds3 is in another league so anyone thinking of ditching their naim cd players for different brand rather than repairing them Don’t do it they are the best

6 Likes

I have a sick CDS2 (not 3), which won’t ‘read’ a CD when it is loaded, and won’t then go on to play it.

I appreciate that this thread deals with the later CDS3 model, but my question is whether Naim can now repair the CDS2? That couldn’t be done when I asked Naim towards the end of last year (no parts), but has the position changed now for the CDS2?

I have thousands of CDs, and it would be great to be able to listen to them again.

(I may have asked this on the Forum earlier this year - although I can’t find that now - but it would be good to know what the position is now.)

Reply by Neil S at Naim so positive news

2 Likes

Well, thank you for finding that (which I couldn’t), RWC. It doesn’t help that my short-term memory has been affected by illness over the last six or eight months.

I’ll get it all boxed up and off to the dealer as soon as poss.

Yes i agree the cds3 is a wonderful player i hope to have mine home soon it’s still at naim.

Sadly my CDS3 is totally neglected even though fully functional after repair and service in Naim UK. I am almost totally converted by the new all in one streamer. Fantastic.
I think I will still keep it though for when the streaming novelty wears off

1 Like

One Naim dealer said to me that Digital replay has never been bettered. I wouldn’t quite go that far but he has a point.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.