CDX2-2 collected today and not working

I collected today a preowned CDX2 at LASA service centre. It was there for a fading display, not he Naim logo. I collected the player and later, the rest,at home of the bloke Who consigned It there, including the link plug.
In first instance, i noticed that the inner part with pins, Is rotating inside It’ s plastic enclosure, pretty odd to me. Then, once turned on, the Naim logo Is illuminated but the display and the mech, are absolutely dead

Sounds like a bad link plug (?)

It’ s plausible, however i’ m getting tired with this sort of annoyance

I assume you didn’t turn it on and try it before buying, however perfunctorily?

Have you got back to the seller to query/discuss/seek solution?

As i said, i collected this at the service office and later the package with plug, assuming that everything was fine. I will try a plug from another CDX2 i have

It was actually the plug. I tried another plug and It worked. At the end i unscrewed the core from its case and tightened again, fortunately iIt works now

3 Likes

So in the end LASA service centre has no fault in this. Independent of your personal feelings for the guy who sold you the CDX2, it belonged to a former (dead) owner on behalf of whom the guy was selling it, who used it with an XPS2 and possibly wasn’t aware of the plug’s defect - minor one, by the way, if it was enough to open and close it to solve the issue.
So perhaps the seller isn’t a ‘scoundrel’ after all, but just a guy who hasn’t checked everything very carefully…

2 Likes

I don’t mean to involve LASA and translation of which i meant was not correct perhaps

All is well what ends well.

1 Like

It could have ended well earlier, and without contempt for the seller.

4 Likes

You are free to not buy any further Naim items.

Your Choice.

Possible in the future. Thank you for your previous advice btw.