CDX2 /XPS sounds better with RCA or DIN?

It’s not as if XLR in itself was perfect. The investigation stops where units have only one choice, I guess :slight_smile:

As far as I know, Mogami stopped 2803 production due to high production costs and complicated technology of copper purification used in it

More on Mogami 2803 from the net

Mogami 2803 has been evaluated as the world’s highest resolution and rich detailed cable on the market.

It’s made to improve resolution to the utmost limit. This cable works well for a vivid original sound image, without any colouration to the signal.

Sounding very much like Snake Oil to me.
Sorry… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

never tried it - will do ))

BTW i like very much Kudos - I see you have them in your system. if I didn’t have my ATCs it would be my choice, but going active was my decision.

There is a sliding switch on the back of the 272 offering the choice of chassis or floating, if you are using the CDX2 with a DIN interconnect this should be set to floating or the sound will suffer, it will also suffer if you have both RCA and DIN inputs selected and even possibly if you leave he DIN and RCA cables in place and just switch the choice.

3 Likes

you mean I need to change it each time I use CD/Streamer option?
Floating with CD and Chassis when using the streamer?

No, Set it to floating when the CD player is connected as the CD player is providing the signal earth for the entire system and there should be only one. If you leave the CD player in place there’s no need to keep switching it. I don’t know what happens to signal earth when the RCA interconnect is used, you might try both setting snd listen for a difference.

1 Like

Switching to floating dramatically improved the DIN sound quality actually. It’s night and day. Sounds even better now than Mogami I think. Will try to listen few days and will get back. Thanks

1 Like

Streaming quality is also improved…
So I guess it was the problem - switching to floating …

Have to read again operating instructions…
I did not use my system for a while these past years…rediscovering it now.
Thanks again for the help!

When all else fails… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Saw XLRs on the Unity Atom HE yesterday, its the beginning I hope.
I think I will buy one to connect it to my ATC SCM20s Active speakers
Will wait maybe for 372 hopefully with XLRs in order to replace the 272 with active ATC 50s

I use atlas mavros rca with my cdx2 and cds3 and the sound quality is much better over the grey din and it is night and day, actually the din lasted all of 10 minutes in the system atlas rca is far superior.

After switching to Floating everything sounds much better now, I will do some testing with RCA/DIN few days and will write.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.