Ceiling speakers as surrounds?

Hi. Wondering if anyone with a 5.1 set up are using in ceiling speakers as left and right surrounds?
I’m doing some renovation and I’m going to use my Dali epicon 2’s as front left and right connected to my naim supernait amp using the AV receivers bypass circuit, going to get an in wall plastered over (so invisible) monitor audio IV140 centre but have no where to put my l+r surrounds as there will be a patio door to my left and probably a kitchen island to my right. We are getting a Samsung frame tv when released later this year which is a compromise on my LG oled but necessary to keep my wife happy. I realise that mixing and matching speakers is not ideal but a necessary compromise to keep wife on board. Only thing that will be on display are the Dali speakers and the frame tv which shows works of art when not using as a tv. As my 2 stereo music will not be compromised I am happy to compromise on my surround sound set up but wondering if in ceiling speakers as surrounds is a complete waste of time or whether they’ll still add to the movie experience. Wife doesn’t want surrounds visible. Ideally would like atmos speakers as well but I’m guessing can’t have these if using surrounds at the same height? I’m hoping my AV amp set up will be able to adjust the speakers to the ‘correct’ levels to give a decent 5.1 set up.
Long winded post so thanks for looking!

You’ll likely find more chat about this on eg avforums. From what I’ve read you can buy eg kef or monitor audio drivers designed for this very thing with some form of direction adjustments. Even thx certified ones.

Thanks Robert