Changing fuses on xps dr

It’s not so easy to see, I agree, so good light and maybe even a loupe can help.

As for price, I guess you don’t get as much for your 80p these days as you used to…

1 Like

The rating and fuse type is printed on the back panel of the XPS. You don’t need to read the rating on the fuse itself.

1 Like

Directional fuses now. I hadn’t realised it was April 1st?

1 Like

I find changing the fuse on my xpsdr a pain in the arse. It involves getting the xpsdr out of the rack, which is not easy.
Quite as to why xps and their dr brothers eat fuses is not clear. Its either a design issue with the xps or an inappropriate fuse selection. Some on here leave their xps on to avoid blowing the fuse, which can be right.
The fuse should be there to protect against overcurrent, and i get the whole inductive load thing. But, we dont have discussions on Hi caps or cd555psus eating fuses, so why xps?

I can change the fuse on my XPS DR (with bad eyesight) on the bottom shelf of my Fraim rack. Yes it takes dexterous patience, a pair of strong reading glasses and a Cat-Eye cycle light, but it can be done, and the right way around.

*For obvious reasons - make sure the unit is completely disconnected from it’s mains lead before attempting the fuse change.

1 Like

Pardon?

So you can’t hear any difference?

You are kidding, right.

Half an inch of wire at 240V AC………

No i’m not.

OK, sigh.

That’s why i asked - so you can’t hear any difference?

Nope, nada, nowt, nuthin’

Nor would I expect to., but if it floats your boat, go ahead.

Fair enough. I can.

Once you’ve got the knack it seems so easy. My XPS2 was a bugger for eating fuses, so insufficient time elapsed for me to forget the knack before the next one blew.

1 Like

What is it you are hearing?

White noise…or not.

Joking aside - a very slightly cleaner and honed presentation, not a lot but enough for me to take note after changing a blown fuse that i’d previously inserted upside down…

1 Like

I also tried the fuse both ways and could hear about as much difference as I could when flipping the glass shelves from ding to donk…zilch!

There’s an ‘actress said to the bishop’ joke there, just aching to get out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.