Chord C-Stream & the Fictitious ‘Black Dot’

I don’t see the supposed ‘black dot’ that indicates (ducks for cover) ‘directionality’ of the C-Stream.

I’ve gone for lettering following the signal from switch to NDX2.

Any others confirm this is what Chord intend?

Thanks

G

I bought some of these a few years ago, and not all of them had the black dot. I tried them both ways, and couldn’t detect any difference.

2 Likes

Looking at mine the black dot at source, the writing on the cable reads in the direction of signal flow.

1 Like

I fitted one recently. With very close scrutiny I could detect what looked like it would have been a dot - there was a slight depression in the connector casing and it was slightly darker. Not obvious though. The effects over the old CAT5 it replaced were very evident - much brighter.

1 Like

Interesting. I thought only the more expensive Chord streaming cables were directional. I’m looking at my cable now. The very faint black dot end is now connected to my EE8Switch. I’ve made too many changes lately to tell the difference I’m afraid.

1 Like

Hope Richard doesn’t class this advice as modifying equipment. But can I suggest one of these. :grinning:

4 Likes

@Fatcat, you just made my day!

1 Like

I don’t think C-Streams are directional. I’ve had quite a few of them and never worried about which way they went. Of course all the ones assembled in England are directional. The C-Streams are from Asia.

2 Likes

I think they need to give the guy in the Chord factory a new one.

2 Likes

Unless otherwise noted I’ve always used writing follows signal direction, if for no other reason than if I disconnect the cable I can put it back as it was.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.