Chord cables

I do love it too. Fine tuning a system is the best way to obtain good music without spending more than necessary. That’s why I have tried different wires then came back to NAC A5 for the main system, and tried the QED 79 strands for the desktop system and now will go back to the Chord Campana. When things ‘gel’, it takes a superhuman effort to leave them as they are, but in the long run it’s highly rewarding, if anything in terms of self-respect.

Best anyway,
M.

1 Like

Yes, I have made strenuous efforts to pay attention to the music, and not get stuck with anything that looks and feels really good, but does not sound bang on in the system.
If I’d have taken all the advice I’ve been given, I would really be in a mass now!

1 Like

If you have by chance mistyped mass for mess, I have actually been in it, and with almost never having followed a single suggestion I received. Proud as I am, I create my own troubles with my own hands and some craftsmanship.

:-)))

Best
Max

1 Like

As they state OFC/Oxygen Free Copper, I expect it is at least 0.001% oxygen content, 99.95% purity…

Oxygen-free copper is typically specified according to the ASTM/UNS database.[3] The UNS database includes many different compositions of high conductivity electrical copper. Of these three are widely used and two are considered oxygen-free.

• C10100 - also known as Oxygen-Free Electronic (OFE). This is a 99.99% pure copper with 0.0005% oxygen content. It achieves a minimum 101% IACS conductivity rating. This copper is finished to a final form in a carefully regulated, oxygen-free environment. Silver (Ag) is considered an impurity in the OFE chemical specification. This is also the most expensive of the three grades listed here.
  • C10200 - also known as Oxygen-Free (OF). While OF is considered oxygen-free, its conductivity rating is no better than the more common ETP grade below. It has a 0.001% oxygen content, 99.95% purity and minimum 100% IACS conductivity. For the purposes of purity percentage, silver (Ag) content is counted as copper (Cu).
  • C11000 - also known as Electrolytic-Tough-Pitch (ETP). This is the most common copper. It is universal for electrical applications. ETP has a minimum conductivity rating of 100% IACS and is required to be 99.9% pure. It has 0.02% to 0.04% oxygen content (typical). Most ETP sold today will meet or exceed the 101% IACS specification. As with OF copper, silver (Ag) content is counted as copper (Cu) for purity purposes.

Even their ‘cheap as chips’ Chrysalis was excellent, and performed to a very high standard when I had them in an active DBL system. I could not say the same for some $1500 pure silver wires I also tried.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.