Chord Dave settings - revisited

A while back I asked for help figuring out which were the default settings for the Chord Dave DAC, especially the Phase (Negative or Positive) and the HF Filter (On or Off)… I found out the defaults were Phase set to Positive and HF Filter set to On.

I changed the Phase setting to Negative and for me, the sound quality is far better like that, I could not hear any difference changing the HF Filter settings… Now I know that I should not focus on which setting it should be at and just keep it at whatever setting sounds better, however, I am curious as to what the others that use Chord Dave are experiencing and how they have it configured.

I am also trying to better understand what these settings actually do…

How do the rest of the Chord Dave users out there have it set? any feedback welcome…

HF Filter = On
Phase = Negative

are my DAVE settings on Blu2+DAVE+Etude

I haven’t had much time to try these settings, but I’m using the same settings here - Negative phase, HF filter on. First impressions were that there was a small improvement, but I need to play with them a bit more before I can honestly say what works best for me.

I borrowed a DAVE from my dealer three times before I tried negative phase, which finally made it sound better than my old QBD76. I asked Rob Watts what this control actually did, but he didn’t seem to have a clear explanation. Or maybe he did & it went shooshing over my head.

I tried the filter on both settings, didn’t do anything audible to me. Think I left it on.

Seems to be a common impression, it comes with Phase set to positive, yet most people find that it sounds better when set in negative phase.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.