Chord GroundARAY - brilliant or bollocks?

The profit margin on this has to be £400+, I can’t see the materials and manufacturing cost of this adding up to very much even if the stuffing is something precious/rare/exotic.
Even if it was, what’s the basis of that material in terms of its properties relative to their claims.
If they were a bit more transparent on their marketing then people may be inclined to take it more seriously, I can think of plenty more beneficial uses of £500 regardless!

Reminds me of the joke about the indigestion ‘sweet’…’for all the good it did me I might as well have shoved it up my a+se’.

The old ones etc etc…

G

1 Like

Well the proof of the pudding……….

Every day is a learning day :grin:

Surely that all the external noise now has a way to find itself (more mass) into the innards of one’s system? - cures one problem and maybe creates another? Noise out and noise back in… :thinking:

I thing it could have been “Washamster”, or something similar…

1 Like

I’m with @Nick.Lees here. The proof of the pudding is ultimately in the tasting. I say this as the owner of a Bedini Clarifier. The science behind it was clearly no such thing. Did it work? I thought so. Every person I tried it with? Yes, they noticed the difference every time.

Rendered useless by my moving to streaming and amen to that.

I understand that Nigel took early retirement about three years ago. He is one of the few people in the trade to pass my special test. He talks to my wife as an individual.
I always enjoyed his music reviews both on the Chord website and in Hifi Critic. I have not seen a copy for some time and their annual index is not up to date, so I do not know if he is still writing.
Sad to see so much negativity, especially as it appears it is possible to borrow a demonstration set to try.

4 Likes

Enough said.

.sjb

Would you care to clarify that?

And if inserted badly, will it also cauterise the wound?

N.B. This question was asked in cheek (unfortunately, I feel obliged to add “See what I did there?”).

What do you not understand?

.sjb

If you had a Bedini you wouldn’t need to ask, innit?

It looks a bit heavy? Plugging into the USB-C port (or other connector) that is soldered directly to a circuit board on an expensive thin laptop …

I still occasionally come across CDs I “revealed” with some Russ Andrews magic potion and you know what, I did at the time think I may have heard a difference, but with time and experience I realised the propensity I have for expectation bias.

I allow myself to consider that others may be as susceptible as I once was.

Apologies if you’ve been vaccinated against it.

.sjb

2 Likes

You can find that on Chinese Amazon. A fake ?

1 Like

What a strange thread this is with offensive references to to “bollocks” and “arse”; and so many people jumping in with totally ill-informed comments. Perhaps some could try and understand the electrical engineering behind this product and then see if those principles have been well applied. Thank goodness one person has actually listened to it before sounding off.

9 Likes

Is this not the same thing???

Obviously lots of truth in the concept of expectation bias. Unfortunately it didn’t really explain the reaction of others whose expectation was that it was clearly nonsense but who were then taken aback by the clear positive difference. The science around it is total rubbish. That doesn’t take away from the fact it actually worked albeit not for the reasons stated.

It was of course hilarious that you’d run the thing for a couple of minutes before playing music. I am over it now :slight_smile:

2 Likes