Chord GroundARAY - brilliant or bollocks?

I’ve just seen the blurb about these things, designed to combat HF noise and available with loads of different connectors - BNC, RJ45, Din etc, so you can buy a few and connect to you different boxes. £550 each. Worth the money? Or would you get more satisfaction from putting them up your bottom?

17 Likes

Oh dear. EE8 switch aside, Chord seem to heading in a ‘different’ direction since Nigel Finn departed. Shame.

1 Like

Worth the money? I guess it depends how much satisfaction one gets from the second suggestion.

G

G

6 Likes

No doubt the effect is enhanced the more you use (I’m not talking about the 2nd suggestion here as I wouldn’t know)

Not all they’re cracked-up to be.

This could run and run…

G

7 Likes

Have they been subject to formal Analysis?

2 Likes

They do look a bit like a fancy vaping device. I’m sure one of our IT guys has a vape pen that looks like the USB GroundARAY…

3 Likes

Innuendos all round!

Alternative definition of ‘innuendo’: An Italian suppository.

11 Likes

I see what you did there!

2 Likes

Nigel Finn leaving is not good news for Chord.

Would be good to know if these suppositories work. I hear they come with some snake oil to ease insertion.

5 Likes

I think anyone could see what he did there…… I wonder if these are more effective than Brilliant Pebbles.

4 Likes

Take my money!

2 Likes

Where can I buy these ?

Asking for Nigel B :grinning:

1 Like

I’m sure a Chord dealer near you can oblige. The real question is whether Chord are dabbling in the waters of Brilliant Pebbles and other sorcery, or whether these things really work. Chord make some very serious cables so you’d think it wouldn’t be mere fluff. But given the efforts Naim go to to decouple their sockets are these things anything other than trickery. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has tried them.

1 Like

Gullible people out there with deep pockets will buy this stuff, completely different direction for Chord and I’m a bit disappointed to see this type of product as their DACs / Mscaler are excellent.

Different Chord

I imagine if someone does a teardown of one it’ll contain a scrunched up photo of their sales team rolling on the floor in fits of laughter.

8 Likes

Brilliant Pebbles ‘R’ Us.

Put the large ones in the corners of your listening room - $99 each.

Put the mini ones on yer hifi boxes or strap the micro ones to yer cables - $59 each and $29 each respectively.

I sh1t you not!

1 Like

I you can vape too, it’s a better purchase.

2 Likes

Chord tapping into the Peter Belt vibe. His passing did leave a vacuum to be filled I guess…

4 Likes

This gear I think is the Chord cables company. The DACs and MScaler etc are from Chord Electronics… completely separate company.

1 Like