Chord Music speaker cable

I have the possibility to buy the Chord Music loudspeaker cable for a very good price.
Although the price is good its still a lot of money and I have no possibility to demo them.
I’m playing with Chord Signature XL cables now and I’m wondering if someone has swapped the XL for Music and can tell me what changed in the sounds? ( hope it makes sense because English is not my main language)
Regards Richard

1 Like

Hi, I’ve done that - from the Signature XL - to the Sarum (not Sarum T) - to the ChordMusic. The Sig XL are truly remarkable cables in my experience, and probably all the high end speaker cable one would ever need, the Sarum may be improved things but only very slightly for me and I kept them only for a few months before I had the chance to try the ChordMusic - now, cost aside, they are very special indeed and the best way I can describe them is that they allow everything to flow more generously, feeling totally unrestricted and with a lot more texture and realism.

5 Likes

That’s good to know. I have the Signature XL in my system. It’s at the top of my budget and is very good (it’s a lot more accurate and neutral than the Chord Epic which it replaced about three years ago).

May I ask what amps are you using with the Chord Music?

1 Like

Hi Richard.

I am a big fan of Chord Music and have invested in what is now almost a full loom. It’s a great cable in my system/room.

If pushed to find a weakness in the Music presentation I’d say that in pre alloy termination guise it has a slightly over warm bottom end and doesn’t quite realise the same amount of detail as some of the other cables. Maybe it could be described as a little “dark” sounding and not as lightning quick as SL.

However with the latest terminations those areas are now much improved whilst maintaining all that lovely timbre/tone and grain free sound of before. It’s a seriously good cable now by any standards.

Unless these cables that you are interested in are almost brand new they will have the silver plugs/ spades. Of course Chord can re terminate for you should you wish it but at a price!!!

Best

Rob

1 Like

I asked for banana (amp end) and spades (speaker end) and I believe they (still?) use the ohmic silver bananas? The bananas don’t appear too different from the other models but the spades look very heavy and solid?

@ryder - Supernait 3 + SupercapDR

2 Likes

Crikey. You have given me the motivation to go all out with another set of high quality speaker cable or interconnects in the near future since I am all done with the equipment and loudspeakers.

2 Likes

The new bananas are alloy also Garcon. What do you think about the upgrade?

1 Like

Ah, I see, thanks, difficult to tell, they look like silver:)

Yes, joy!

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

Bananas don’t look like they fit very well. :scream:

1 Like

Well spotted!! I noticed it myself when I took the photo, back in now!:))
Was rearranging some other cables a couple of days ago and one has to check everything after!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, it doesn’t make the decision easier. :yum:
Based on the price of my Amp it wouldn’t be a smart decision, I have the Pathos Logos MKII which cost less then a pair of Chord Music.
Perhaps a new Amp in the future is a better investment.

2 Likes

Glad all is ok now. :scream: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I just checked the price of a 4m pair Chord Music SC and at £11k it’s a bit too much for me. Think I’ll go with alternative interconnects if I have the itch since it’s cheaper. Nevertheless, a 1.5m pair Chord Music XLR isn’t cheap either at £7.5k.

I’ll see if I am able to stretch for the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 XLR as I was told it’s very good. At £4,700 it’s still very premium. We’ll see…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.