Chord Sarum T burn in?

It’s not true Slamdam. When I buy a new cable now, I listen to my system with it after 2 hours then I put the system on radio and leave it 3 continuous days without listening.
The sound is very very different in each case when I do that, when I listen again after 3 days run in.
My brain has not accustomed to the cable .

2 Likes

Until someone prove I’m wrong by showing measurement or scientific evidence I will continue the statement that it is your brain and ears adjusting. I’m glad to be proven wrong :+1: I mean if a cable would give more highs you just put a frequency sweep on it and measure. Should be at least 2dB difference if you clearly notice it. Or if the bass get more defined. Should be related to impulse response and easy to measure?

1 Like

Tiberio, you’re back!

1 Like

It’s difficult to remove psychological/expectation bias but…
My cable sounds different and better -
Not everything can be measured
If I had a brand new sarum T I could do a blind test- care to send me one ?:wink:
David

1 Like

Must be his son. No Chord Dave/ Blue/ Van Damme Blue Jeans Canare in the profile.

Mine are new and freshly made by Chord.
I am told they have gone back to the locking collars - by AV Options

Interesting, I wonder why that was?

I’m sure he’ll suddenly “discover” them :smile:

1 Like

My Hiline used to sag and not hang straight - which really bugged me as this didn’t seem to make good connection, especially for an expensive cable.
I note the sarum T hangs straight even without the locking collar tightened. Maybe some people want the security that cable won’t come undone?

I use a Chord signature tuned array Din/ RCA. It has a collar that I lock. I should not?

I have the chord music interconnect cables. When first installed they were very detailed and harsh but after a time they became less bright and still a lot of detail but more musical. Now after 3 months they are so special. It’t like someone took a blanket off the speakers. Music speaker cables are on the way.

2 Likes

Thanks dan
Did it really change that much?
2 weeks in with Sarum T and still a bit harsh tho lots of detail and clarity
Waiting for a bit more warmth
David

The initial SQ was poor but in a few days it started to improved and continues to improve now for over 3 months. Sounds more relaxed with detail and bass is tight. Give them time.

2 Likes

Seems to be improving last couple days.
The amount of detail and additional musical information with the Sarum T is striking.
Vocals including back vocals are more there and I hear things that I didn’t notice with the lavender cable.
I’m feeling better about this cable
Have about 40 hrs on it
David

1 Like

Well, you’ll see how amazing it becomes from 100 hours…

50 hours and harshness mostly gone. My initial concern that I may have made a mistake by getting the sarum T, is now replaced by feeling that this interconnect has been a good use of funds. I’ve stopped listening for hifi details and am back to just enjoying music.
Bought 7 new CDs yesterday for $35 !
Long listening session.
Sarum T - expensive but worth it
David

1 Like

And you’re still a long way from full burn in…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.