Chord Shawline streaming anyone?

Has anyone tried the Chord Shawline ethernet cables? I don’t see any mention of these on the forums in the streaming/ethernet cable threads, but might have missed it.

The EnglishElectric switch photos feature the shawline and not the ChordMusic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes a mate loaned it to check if I heard the same on my Naim as he did on his Cyrus.
I can’t say I heard much difference, not enough to want me to replace my MeiCord.
The guy who loaned it however was enthusiastic as it did more for his Cyrus it seems, he’s since added another to his NAS branch.

1 Like

Yes, I have them on my Nova and Core in my office, and from the wall socket to my English Electric switch in our lounge - then I have the Chord Signature from the EE to the NDX2. I’m happy with them all, they are the only ones I have tried in my systems when I swapped out the original standard joe-blog cables.

3 Likes

I have them between my Core to cisco to NDX and found them to give a clear upgrade from Chord C-streams, they do tame the slightly forward harsh sound of the Cisco.

Have you fitted them the correct way round, the black dot points towards the Core and Cisco?

I used a Shawline ethernet cable for 2 weeks and found it very good indeed. A real step from the the C-stream cable. I ended up paying 3x more for the Chord Signature which was marginally better, but could have happily lived with the Shawline

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.