Christmas fragrance adverts on TV

I am already sick of the vacuous fragrance adverts in every commercial break. They are stupid and dull, having no relevance to what they are advertising. All aimed at the pathetic influenced public who have no idea of the subtleness of classic fragrances.
Post Christmas pubs etc will be in a fugg of strangling stinks relating back to Brut in the '70s and Poison in the '80s.
Bah, humbug!

6 Likes

Perfect for all occasions :sunglasses:

12 Likes

As a small lad taking my bicycle with a flat tyre to the local car work shop. I once loved that ambient and personable aroma - which has stayed with me to this day

IMG_2828.

3 Likes

I caved. Trying out what 'Nando is peddling. :expressionless:

I don’t recall the fragrance being advertised, but I’m always happy to see Natalie Portman.

4 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the good old days…

7 Likes

Coco Channel

Next year the Naim Xmas Fragrance.

A snob? Moi? It’s worth considering that most people can’t afford Chanel, Hermès etc, and why shouldn’t they have something that makes them happy?

3 Likes

It seems you can again buy Hai Karate aftershave.

5 Likes

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should?

5 Likes

Did anyone ever buy it? I remember the ad (despite years of hypnotherapy :grinning:), but I have no idea what it smelt like.

It’ll be flying off the shelves … … … only £5.99 for 100ml … … … from a well known online cosmetics supplier … … … treat all your friends, this Christmas! :thinking:

Splash it all over.
Not very PC these days. :wink: :rofl:

I clearly recall buying some for my Dad for Christmas when I was very young. It still had pride of place on the side of the bath 50 years later. Must have meant so much to him he didn’t want to use it all up???:mrs_claus::mrs_claus:

6 Likes

Some of the best ads ever made are for fragrances. Very clever creations by clever people…and they work. One of the best ads of all time was Nicole Kidman in the Chanel No.5. Pure work of art.

Saying that, I literally never see ads nowadays.

3 Likes

I switch off (my brain) or do something else, during TV adverts, so not been aware of any such adverts. As for stink in pubs, since the ghastly Brut in 70s I’ve never been particularly aware of otter people’s fragrances except when a girl wearing nice perfume has passed close (rare in pubs!)

In theory, no reason why not. Except that it can be an assault on other people’s noses. I can no longer smell anything (for many years, now) which I deeply regret - except for the sometimes overpowering scents that some people wear. Subtle is fine, but I think some use it as a form of chemical warfare.

1 Like

Are you sure? I would have thought that would contravene the Geneva conventions.

1 Like