Christmas Music

This is a pleasant Christmas CD, but with a one caveat - in my estimation the ensemble absolutely MURDER Corelli’s Christmas Concerto.

The final short pastorale by Manfredini is quite charming, however.

Apologies for the Christmas plant which seems to be growing into the CD Mech.

2 Likes

Very different, but Phil Spector’s ‘A Christmas Gift For You’ is a special record (or CD these days).

1 Like

Todays listening choices -
Cantate Domino
Johnny Coppin - A Cotswold Christmas
Lady Maisery - Awake, Arise - A Winter Album

1 Like

Just enjoying Diana Krall’s Christmas Songs whilst cooking lunch.

Mrs Ebor approved, having just described Radio 3’s then offering as ‘a racket’.

5 Likes

This always comes out in the run up to Christmas. Great fun, especially White Christmas cleverly disguised in a ‘Bach’ wrapper.

Roger

That’s the best jazz music for Christmas IMHO.

1 Like

Here are some of my favourites for this time of year:

Everything from King’s Cambridge to Oscar Peterson and plenty in between!

Mark

1 Like

This is my favourite Xmas music

8 Likes

When Kylie invites Santa to trim her Xmas tree.

1 Like

No, that’s tame. Listen to Eartha Kitt’s version - pure filth, delivered in a purr that would seduce a vacuum cleaner.

1 Like

Kings Cambridge are a lovely choir.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed. These guys just down the road are good too:

https://www.youtube.com/live/lXh_36Jsle4?si=DF1OK2vCs8OElMNE

Full disclosure: the soloist at 9:23 is my daughter and the organist is her boyfriend. I am a proud and thankful father.

Mark

6 Likes

Beautiful, you must be a proud father.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s beautiful, no wonder you are proud.

1 Like

After the beauty of Ebor’s daughter.

Historically accurate but (for me) a tearjerker…

Sabaton A Christmas Truce

Currently listening to 9 Lessons & Carols live from King’s on BBC Radio 4. Sounding good, even through the digital TV.

This year’s Once in Royal soloist did a solid job. Interesting to hear some changes to the opening Bidding Prayer. Unusually, for changes to a traditional service, I approve.

Mark

2 Likes

Christmas has to include Bach and this is mandatory for us:

I still remember one Christmas at my parents long ago where I retired from the confusion and aggro in the kitchen and sat down in front of the tele where a full performance of the oratorio from a beautifully decorated church somewhere in Germany was just starting. Two hours of musical bliss later, lunch was ready — a perfect Christmas morning!

Roger

1 Like

This is a brilliant, if slightly silly, Christmas album. “White Christmas” mashed up with Bach’s “Air on a G String” is wondrous!

1 Like

Last recall of the Christmas season with Frank Sinatra

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.