Christmas No 1’s

IMG_2831

I’m easy to please with a bit of Christmas Bublé.
My No 1.

2 Likes

This is extremely pleasant:
91aB-zGPv2L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

3 Likes

Don’t you find wearing high heels for a few hours plays havoc with your feet? :wink:

2 Likes

It’s the Brussel Sprout dress I have trouble getting into.

G

3 Likes

Allow me to widen your experience

Happy Christmas

Surely it has to be Phil Spector’s wonderful ‘A Christmas Gift For You’ album in glorious mono.

I play it every year on Christmas Day - a brilliant pop record!

1 Like

I also love to play Enyas Christmas albums. Just sit back with a glass of plonk and let her music wash over you.
So relaxing

If you have a DVD player, this:

R-8111186-1455358157-9958.jpeg-442156254

is a wonderful video of a concert with the program of CD I. I used to play it a lot.

M

I’ve never got around to buying that, but spurred on by your post I’ve just ordered a used copy on eBay. I have all eight of the albums. I’m playing the first one now, and it’s really lovely. It will be good to see the DVD and get into the Scandinavian Christmas mood.

I think you’ll love it.
:christmas_tree:

You beat me to it, drat!

I’ve discovered it’s on YouTube in the ACTMusicOfficial section so perfectly legal to watch. Video quality is only 480p but it’s still watchable.

Finally, someone has released a song that reflects the reality of many people’s Christmas experiences.

It’s Christmas and I’m Crying - Du Blonde
Available on Bandcamp or youtube.

We have a whack of Christmas CDs and one that always gets played is Bing Crlsby for some reason. I guess its from watching him on black&white TV from our childhood and reminiscing.
Y’know, “Chipmunks roasting, on an open fire …”

1 Like

Chestnuts, surely?

Which always brought to my mind (at least) that he was sitting too close to a log fire with his legs apart!

1 Like

Ha … very good.
We often roasted split chestnuts at my parents fireplace. So good …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.