Cisco V TP-Link

Hi.
Has anybody tried a TP-Link TL-SG3210 Layer 2 managed switch against a Cisco 2960G-8TC-L layer 2 managed switch?
If so what where your findings.
Thank you.
Kind Regards.
Roger

A lot here went from Tp link to Cisco and observed uplift in sound.
My case for example.
Tp link are cheap switches, vs Cisco catalyst which cost new around 500 dollars. People buy them refurbished, the reason of the low cost.

2 Likes

Yes, agree with FR. Cisco 2960 is very good. I have the 2960 WS C-2960-24TT. My TP-link was a basic one tho. Maybe you’re suggesting a higher-end TP-link?

Hi.
It is a TP-Link business claas switch.
TP-Link TL-SG3210 JetStream 8-Port Gigabit Managed Switch with 2 SFP Ports

1 Like

As home network switches they’re probably fine. They’re fairly bargain basement and designed around ticking functional boxes rather than quality like noise mitigation and buffer size and aggregate throughput ceiling.

Functionally, unless you have a lot of devices pushing a lot of concurrent traffic TP-Link are fine. If you demand a lot more without massive expense Buffalo would be my choice. For more controlled envirnments many choose Cisco. That probably wouldn’t be my first choice. Juniper or Yamaha would be my preference but then, you’re talking an awful lot more money. I have years of experience with a variety of switches from these vendors in a datacentre environment. Either way, I’d expect Cisco to wipe the floor with TP-Link functionally and probably from a noise control perspective too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.