Cleaning NAIM equipment

What about their backsides when that needs cleaning ?
Just a few pushed in and outs.

For me, this…

Unknown

1 Like

I don’t bother.

As Quentin Crisp correctly pointed out, the dust doesn’t get any thicker after seven years anyway…

7 Likes

I disassemble the system for a deep clean once a year. The baby Dyson with its brush nozzle followed by glass clean on foam pads over all the surfaces & cotton bud around the fiddly bits does it all.

Ouch, although that sounds more gentle than my Brillo pad approach.

Windolene seems to work.

Yes I have some now… actually the finger prints are from the last dealer visit where he was holding the cases whilst swapping over various cables we were evaluating! We (SWMBO and myself) never touch anything with bare hands except the volume knob and the navigation buttons. The dealer is due a visit in Wednesday so I’m going to present the gloves to him before he starts playing :wink:

Not on the Astonish web site and non of my local shops/stores that sell the Astonish brand had any. Not an issue… I have a bottle of windolene spray.

Astonish Window & Glass is available, see www-.-astonishcleaners.co.uk.

I was told look for tile and glass and that is no more:

I find dust to be the main culprit and cleaning even with a microfibre cloth always leaves something behind so I use compressed air which is sold as an aerosol for blowing out dust from computer keyboards, etc. These are ruddy expensive in shops so I buy mine off eBay for a couple of quid each. It’s very good for getting at dust I can’t reach, such as the back of the rack and underneath the units. I use record cleaning solution to remove fingerprints (a few squirts allowed to sink into a cloth works for me), and it’s also great on glass and TV screens too.

I use a dry micro cloth. SWMBO isn’t allowed to fiddle with my equipment…

Used the windolene last night…all finger prints now removed. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve always been in favour of SWMBO fiddling with my equipment :rofl:

4 Likes

We should have a shootout, Astonish Windows & Glass vs Windowlene :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed TrickyDickie :clap::clap:

• Astonish Windows & Glass
  • Windowlene
  • Dry micro cloth
  • Wet micro cloth

0 voters

Do you allow SWMBO to clean your equipment, or do you do it yourself?:sunglasses:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

my preffered cleaner which I use on the black boxes, the duster is superb for the FRAIM no more hiting my hands,

I have found the flatmate from Lakeland excellent,as recommended by a fellow forum member some years ago.

No doubt I shall also investigate other of the suggestions mentioned here.

Thanksimage

1 Like