Coaxial into Vanatoo T1E Not Working

Hey guys - first post here…

Note that I don’t forums much, so I apologize in advance if I’m posting in the wrong section…

I’ve been trying to stream through my Uniti Atom Headphone Edition into my Vanatoo T1E powered speakers via the digital COAXIAL input, but after hours of troubleshooting - I can’t seem to get it to work.

I tested the exact same connection through my Bluesound Node and it was an immediate plug-and-play, the cable and speakers worked perfectly through Coaxial.

I tried every input method (digital 1-3, analog etc…), nothing. I also tried changing the headphone input button on the top-left of the Uniti Atom HE to no avail.

Not sure if I’m there’s something I’m overlooking or if there may be a fault with the coaxial port.

I appreciate any feedback, and thank you in advance!

Adam

I’m not quite clear on what you’re trying to do - Are you trying to connect the Uniti HE to your Vanatoo speakers via the coaxial digital input on the speakers ? If so, the Uniti HE doesn’t have a digital output.

You need to use an analogue connection. As James says, there is no digital output on the Atom HE.

1 Like

Ah! Well then that just answered it for me - I thought the coax was a digital connection

Big thank you to both of you :slight_smile:

Wait a minute…

If it doesn’t have a digital output - then I’m confused what the DIGITAL section on the rear IO, including coax and optical are for?

It’s even highlighted on the main product page for the Unitu Atom HE

What am I not understanding here?

The Coax and optical sockets on the Atom are inputs, not outputs. They are there so you can add a digital device to the Atom, such as a CD transport etc…

1 Like

You’ll need to use the RCA pre-amp outputs to connect to your speakers

Use the RCA to 3.5mm Y cable that came with the speakers (Item 9)

To connect to Analogue in on the master speaker

Or just keep using the Node :slightly_smiling_face:

You guys are wonderful, thank you for clarifying that - makes perfect sense now.
Bottom line for me is - it doesn’t look like I’m connecting it directly to my Vanatoo T1E’s

I will however experiment by connecting it to a balanced amp - I might lose the lovely Naim amp sound but it should do the trick well enough.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.