Cod philosophy

And just what is that supposed to mean?

Between 12 and 50 thousand years ago when the bone was carved I don’t believe these factors would have been an issue.

The “Righty dokey Skip” indicates my willingness to agree with you. Guest House Paradiso reference, a movie worth seeing if you haven’t.

2 Likes

Sorry, We’ve not seen the film, so we completely missed the reference.
(Unfortunately when people respond with short phrases after we indicate that we’re inter, they are usually trying to claim that we can’t be!!! - How they can tell from a few typed words is completely beyond us! Sincere apologies, we misinterpreted your intention and were unnecessarily guarded.)

Yes indeed, very much agreed: most of those really wouldn’t have applied when the bone was carved (however, the possibility of being intersex and ‘other natural causes’ could still have been applicable), however if they weren’t cycling why the 28 days?

We don’t think anyone would have paid any attention to the concept of ‘gender identity’ that long ago, there is some recently revealed evidence that, if someone bodily female wanted to go on a hunt and was good at it, they’d just have gone on the hunt along with everyone else!
Similarly, male bodied people taking the female role in stone age societies and being respected for that, as in being regarded as male bodied but female gendered has been recoded in many societies (e.g. US native Americans / Canadian First Nations amongst others), but these are/were more complex that early hunter gatherer societies.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve just come thru a rather expensive and trying, 3 year period, of fighting off a litigation attack from my late sister’s second husband and her spawn, so I have been dealing with some excess anger issues.
I recently came across a simple and intelligent way of looking at it the other day from a Budda quotation which says:

Holding on to anger, is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die …

Seemed insightful.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Carpe diem…

6 Likes

I once saw a fifteen foot Great White attack a cage with people inside k, I thought I will never be rude to a can of pilchards again.

2 Likes

3 Likes

IMG_3361

An odd moment when the universe makes sense.

8 Likes

That says SWEOODEN. Is that a place?

3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

18 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

A boat is docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist comes along and compliments the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

“Not very long,” answered the Mexican.

“But then, why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more?” asked the American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.

The American asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”

“I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life.”

The American interrupted, “I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat. With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge enterprise.”

“How long would that take?” asked the Mexican?

“Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years,” replied the American

“And after that?”

“Afterwards? That’s when it gets really interesting,” answered the American, laughing. “When your business gets really big, you can start selling stocks and make millions!”

“Millions? Really? And after that?”

“After that you’ll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends.”

Know where you’re going in life… you may already be there.

8 Likes

that is good

Ian

2 Likes

9 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes