COFFEE MACHINES,...Advice etc,etc

Nespresso here. Original cartridge. Lattissima Plus machine. Envivo and Fortissio Lungo. No muss. No fuss.

2 Likes

This is my current favourite, Columbian beans roasted in Barcelona. No idea if you can get it in Sweden!

They also do a Bourbon coffee, which has a very rich, full flavour - both are good, but I think I prefer the regular version as in the picture.

1 Like

I have the cheapest DeLonghi machine and grinder bought nearly 4 years ago. I find the best way to get the most out of the beans is to use a ground coffee to line the bottom of the expresso filter and then fine ground enough beans which I keep in the freezer. The ready ground beans at the bottom stop the filter clogging. I like Lavazza specially when it’s on offer at £3. I get a very good creme. I also like strong coffee.

There are ways of making your grinder grind finer than its set too. Mine just adjusted itself after a family visit! Then I took it apart because i could no longer adjust the fineness. I still need to by a new part to be able to adjust the fineness, which I don’t really need now.

My son has a Colombian wife and they bring back beans that are unbelievably rich in flavour. As good as a really expensive wine.

Phil

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Filipe,…Now I become jealous :wink::stuck_out_tongue:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

The best coffee beans are grown at a high altitude and hand picked. They grow slowly, which probably explains the intensely rich flavour.

A couple of places for coffee in London. Drurys in New Street, Covent Garden. You may get their commercial website on a search as they provide commercial Rancilio machines to cafes as well as coffee. They have a good selection and some blends that are good value - I’m sure they ship internationally. The other is Algerian Coffee Stores in Great Compton Street, Soho. They certainly do UK mail order and I imagine would also ship internationally.

1 Like

A significant factor here may be the freshness of the beans. Most stuff you can get in a supermarket will be months old - from roasting, beans are constantly changing. They shouldn’t be used with less than a few days rest from roasting. If kept well, they are fine for a few weeks but no more.

Also, a roast coffee bean has more flavour compounds in than wine. I have forgotten the number but I think it is around 2000…

1 Like

Grind with this…

And make my wife’s lattes with this…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.