Coffin-shaped speakers

Surely hell is hearing no music for an eternity? (Altenatively being forced to listen to jazz, soul, rap……… :joy:)

1 Like

I am sure that your Nagra will match Kharma speakers, because Kharma and Nagra are often demonstrated together.
Here a picture from Axpona show, on Absolute sound site.

1 Like

Must admit I’ve always though mine looked a little like that. They do sound very good though regardless

Happy to report Frenchrooster that I made a deal today for the DB7’s, and will pick them up on Saturday. They are the Aubergine color. The only problem is I had to trade in a lot of my existing source gear, so have to rebuild that over time. Had to jump on this while I can, so no regrets.:grinning:
Possibly a Bartok source into my Nagra integrated, driving the Kharma’s will be the goal.

1 Like

Congrats!
Curious to read your impressions next.

1 Like

Super! I’d love to hear those some day. Where do they lie on the ‘easy/difficult to drive’ scale? Obviously no problem with Nagra.

The DB7’s are I think about the same price as a few others – Kudos 808’s, Magico A5, Rockport Atria II. Did you listen to any of those to compare?

1 Like

From everything I have researched, they are considered to be fairly easy to drive. The dealer I am getting them from said Nagra with Kharma is his favorite sound out of all the many brands he sells. He also sells Naim, I did find a YouTube video of an Ndx2/252/300 DR driving a pair of DB9’s.
I did not compare them to any of the speakers you listed Bart, these have not even been uncrated by him yet. I am just going by the sound of the S7’s that he had there last time I visited him.

1 Like

Im sure they are wonderful! I’d have to travel pretty far just to hear them unfortunately.

To me, these just need a scythe hanging over each of them to complete the picture.

They are quite big aren’t they!

Once seen cannot be unseen… I’d not thought of that, but now….

Or a light sabre?

There’s a video on YouTube. The title : Kharma DB9 Naim nap 300/ 252.
It gives an idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.