Combine naim fraim and fraim lite

Hi,
Is it possible to combine fraim and fraimLite? I understand the difference between the models is the glass shelve. Is there anything else to consider?
Thanks!

Walter

The wooden shelves of Fraim lite are a different shape to account for the missing glass, but I believe the footprint between the spiked feet is the same

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! Didn’t know that. Could you share a link where I can see those differences?
Best regards,
Walter

Fraim on the left without glass, Fraim lite on the right

1 Like

Hi

Fraimlite shelves are rectangular to support black box corners rather than triangular Fraim shelves.
Fraimlite also has cut-out in middle to aid ventilation I assume.
I put 1 level of Fraimlite on top of Fraim to finish off stack and used 6mm toughened glass shelf (without any cups and balls) to cover hole.

CK

1 Like

I see! You are right the fraim are smaller since they have glass shelves on top. Other than that they seem to be the same and it is possible to combine :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Walter

1 Like

Yep, Naim state on the Fraim-Lite page that you can add Fraim to Fraim-Lite.

1 Like

The Fraim has a base made up of two shelves. The forum will have examples. A recent topic was related to the value of the Fraim with some discussion of the Fraim lite.

1 Like

Yes, no problem combining them at all. I have Fraim, but I don’t like leaving the top component uncovered, so I finish off the tops of each rack with a Fraimlite shelf, which – as you can see – serves a purpose that doesn’t require the extra expense of the full monty. The right stack has my playlist record rack. The left side is where I lay down the inner sleeve of whatever record I’m laying.

6 Likes

errr…playing [missed the edit timeout]

Although the Fraim in the left pic unusually has a single base level…

Which begs the question: have any Fraim Lite owners tried two (or more*) base levels, and if so, any benefits?

*a.k.a ‘The Fraimana’ :grimacing:

That photo on the left is of my Fraim, I know this because of the Dynaudio box to the left for my XD 600’s. I have mentioned this before, but they started as Fraimlite, exactly the same as the photo on the right. I purchased a proper full Fraim base, and took the lite shelves to work, machined them to the exact same spec as the full Fraim shelf, on a CNC machine. I had them painted black by a professional painter, they started out the same colour as the right photo. The reason there is no double base in that photo, is I had just moved into this apartment, and quickly set them up to take a few photos. I now have all the glass, cups, balls, and double base set up properly. I got 4 Fraimlite shelves from my dealer for $300 Canadian, paid $200 to have them painted black. Machined them for free (only my time), and I bought the glass for $70 each (locally). I made my own cups at work on a wire EDM, out of 1 inch diameter carbide (free), and bought the balls at a local shop $20. It took me some time, but I saved many thousands of dollars, and it looks identical to Full Fraim.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.