Concerts planned for 2022

Been a long time… first toe back in the water is Keith Urban in Bournemouth in May, then Texas at Stonor Park in August. Hoping I can swing it to catch Loudon Wainwright in Bexhill. I’ve been a big fan of his for 40 years, but never caught him live yet…

Hoping this will be a corker on the 25th Feb at the Royal Festival Hall.
Tommy Emmanuel with special guest Jerry Douglas.

2 Likes

Booked for Counting Crows in October :grinning:

Similar situation for me, with Agnes Obel concert at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester postponed twice. Just one of those things.
I requested a refund on second postponement, as I couldn’t think that far ahead. But may look again closer to date.

On a more positive note, booked for Olafur Arnalds this September at the Bridgewater Hall.

Yeah, I looked at this one, but I’m away. Should be a corker indeed.

Kokoroko I think are also playing in Brixton. Might get myself over there on the bus.

Yes I believe it’s the following night should be a great home town gig for them.

RE the Tommy Emmanuel concert at the Royal Festival Hall last night (25th February)…Wow!

He is touring the UK for the next couple of weeks with dates at Bexhill (tonight), Basingstoke, Bury St. Edmunds, Exeter, Birmingham, Cardiff, York, New Brighton, Buxton, Gatehead and Manchester.

Think you’ve heard top guitarists before? Go and see this guy and you’ll hear/see a solo guitar played in ways you’ve probably never known before. A true master guitarist. Simply stunning.

I have posted a few more thoughts on another thread, but not sure how to link.
I’m still buzzing from the concert!

2 Likes

Back to the Royal Festival Hall again on 29th May for a little Mendelssohn (Fingals Cave), Grieg’s Piano Concerto (“I’m playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order”).
All topped off with that perennial crowd pleaser, Beethoven’s Ninth (Choral) symphony.

3 Likes

I’m off to see John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension at the Barbican in May which should be good.

2 Likes

Herbie Hancock & Alfa Mist 24 July Noches del Botanico, Madrid, Spain.

Should be a great night. There are over a months worth of concerts every night at the Botanical Gardens in Madrid worth checking out the line ups if your in Spain June/July this year.

We’re off to see The Magpies who are playing a gig locally this weekend;

Was going to see Heidi Talbot on Sunday, but just got an email to say it she has cancelled :disappointed:

Gary Numan - Nine Inch Nails - Tool - not sure re dates as my mate sorts all the tickets bless him! Trouble is he always expects me to give him some money for the pleasure of my company!!!

One Love Festival, Steyning, West Sussex 12 - 14th August

Lots of Acts over the three days but the highlights for me are

Julian Marley, Black Uhuru, Jo Mesa Marley, A Certain Ratio, The Orb, Norman Jay,

Danny Rampling and Saxon & Channel One Sound Systems.

Unfortunately days and artists have not been announced so at present a weekend ticket at £133 looks like the best shot and seeing as it’s just a bus or taxi ride to my own bed I may well go for that.

Electric six
Deaf school
Proclaimers
Primus - farewell to kings tour

1 Like

Nearly went to see Cara Dillon tonight, but then suddenly she postponed. Thats two concerts I was going to cancelled - is it me perhaps :smile: - rebooked her for June thankfully

Tickets secured for Roxy Music at the O2 in October :smiley:

2 Likes

Just bought tickets for Roxy Music in October at Manchester.

2 Likes

Simple Minds, Gary Numan, Duran Duran, Foals, Macy Gray, Sinead O Connor. All in Dublin

1 Like