Concerts planned for 2024

New year, new gig list…

Simple Minds and Del Amitri … March in Nottingham, new venue for me.

1 Like

Taylor Swift!

1 Like

GoGo Penguin, moved to next May from the 25th September this year :frowning:

2 Likes

Big Country and The Icicle Works double header in february… their pension schemes wont fill up by themselves :joy:

Manchester for us, can’t wait

1 Like

Part of the 2024 Dublin Bowie Festival. I don’t usually go and see an orchestra playing (I’m a rocker!) but when I saw that Gerry Leonard (gtr. musical director), Mark Plati (gtr.), Sterling Campbell (drums) and special guest vocalists were involved I just had to book it - cost a darn fortune!

Slowdrive - February

1 Like

Fever Ray - March

2 Likes

26th February - Seth Lakeman - Storyhouse, Chester
3rd March - OMD - M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
9th October - Steve Hackett - Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool

1 Like

Bruce. Sometime in 2024. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Would be 7th Oct’24 at Symphony Hall, B’ham for me.

But… checking the prices… and not sure that SH hasn’t priced him self out of my range now. I notice he is playing bigger/different venues than he did in the last few years. And as I have seen him at least twice now… I may well pass. Sadly… :expressionless:

PS. Eliza Carthy is in my price bracket, so she is more likely to get my £’s…!!! :crazy_face:

Update to my post above.

Rick Wakeman was cheaper than Steve Hackett… !

And - he is playing with his band - and will be doing Journey To The Centre of the Earth.

• Birmingham Symphony Hall - 23rd Feb’24. Getting near to being sold out… :thinking:

Eliza Carthy still probably, too…

As of now Stevie Nicks, Zach Bryan, Beth Hart and whoever is at Big Blues Bender. Hoping to add Foo Fighters, Morgan Wallen, Taylor Swift and please AC/DC. Then the next act at the sphere in Vegas.

Springsteen has been rescheduled for 31 October 2024. Email says

We understand that you might not be able to make it, but have worked with the Event Organizer to make sure you have an option.

So I have until 12 November to decide!

Cara Dillon (with husband, Sam Lakeman, and a new band) at the Philharmonic in Liverpool on Sunday evening. Really looking forward to it.

1 Like

@AndrewG I’ll be there too, very much looking forward to it. Also her new album will be available to buy well ahead of the official release in February.

Mea Culpa, due to see her a few weeks ago, but got heavily involved in tidying up garden, kitchen and paperwork before I went on holiday.

Just started my evening meal and realised I was due to see her in 45 minutes time .

Lindisfarne in April at the same venue I was supposed to see Cara Dillon …

If I remember

Richard Hawley in June

3 Likes

Lucinda Williams in March
Hopefully Jordan Rakei in October at RAH

It’s going to be a big year. If all goes to plan:
(1) January U2 at the Sphere (2) Adele in Vegas January (3) March Stevie Nicks (4) slash and Myles Kennedy Amsterdam (5) Fletcher Amsterdam (6) Bonamassa April in Amsterdam (6) May Beth Hart St. Louis (7) Nickel Creek (8) Zach Bryan May (8) June Buddy Guy Oaklawn Park Hot Springs Arkansas (9) august Creed St Louis (1o) august Chris Stapleton Little Rock. Plus always have to go to Red Rocks one time. Taylor Swift is a must. AC/DC if they do something beside a festival. Whoever follows U2 at the Sphere, my $$ on Lady Gaga.