Conflicted

I used the Node with nDAC, 555DR, Cisco 2960, BJC, 272, Arivas, Quadraspire.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m really only looking for a basic, great sounding, system. I have a very limited budget but do intend to build on it. My thinking is that with the Nait I can at least add a CD player and TT eventually. I am not an audiophile but do appreciate high quality no matter what it is. I also want a minimalist system.

If you can build a system from all Naim components it will sound best.

But you may have to work up to that over time…

Good luck.

You will make it.

1 Like

One option is a vintage system, e.g. a Nait and SBLs.

2 Likes

I bought ND5XS2 from plus 82 plus Hicap plus 250 because the sound is a bit better than a Nova and the total bill was smaller. If you can get a Nova for much less money, it’s a great choice imho.

1 Like

I can get a refurbished Nova for £2800 but that limits my upgrade path somewhat. I’m no audiophile but do appreciate quality and want the best bang for my buck. I could spend £20k but I can’t justify the outlay based on my requirements.

If there is a good chance that you will stick with a Nova, that looks a decent price.

If you do decide that you want the extra SQ that comes with separates, you probably wouldn’t lose much selling the Nova on eBay, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves -a Nova is good.

What speakers will you be using?

1 Like

Sonus Faber Lumina II or PMC Prodigy 1 probably

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.