Connecting Dynavector P75 to NAC 32.5, help please!

I am having a problem connecting my DV P75 to my 32.5. When ‘connected’ there is no sound!

I have the phono leads and earth from my LP12 into the P75.
RCA - Din from the P75 to Tape 4 (5 pin) of the 32.5.
My understanding is that is all I have to do, am I right?

I have just bought the P75 (mk lll) from a reputable HiFi shop, so I trust the provenance of it. They also kindly set it for my DV 20X2L and they said it will just be a matter of plug in and play, fair enough.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice and if necessary some step by step guidance would be greatly appreciated. I do feel like a bit of a numpty!

Check the lead.

Is it RCA to DIN or DIN to RCA…? Not The Same.

Check which pins are connected.

1 Like

I have Ian, it’s definitely RCA to Din. I am wondering if it is faulty, but I have no way checking it.

Check it with a Meter… :thinking:

(although… Phono to DIN is perhaps the more common config…)

Also try another input on the 32.

1 Like

I’m just thinking about trying another imput, you never know. I am going across town tomorrow and I can drop in to my local dealer and he can test things for me if needed.

Good Idea…!!

Try it on the Tuner input. If still no joy, check the interconnect, just in case the DIN is wired for the REC pins and not the PLAY ones (some wire this way to connect a headphone amp to a Naim pre-amp).

3 Likes

Thanks Richard I will try that. More and more I suspect it is the DIN lead.

@Richard.Dane, @IanRobertM, it was the DIN lead. Some of the connections had separated, all fixed now by my friendly local dealer :smile:

5 Likes

Glad you got it sorted :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. I am pleased with the results too. Definitely quieter/darker background. It brings out more detail while not losing anything (the Naim thing) and the volume is louder, so happy days :smile:

2 Likes

Testing it with this at the moment. It’s a A1/B1 press and sounds terrific!

5 Likes

Glad you found the problem and got it fixed.

I do like a simple explanation…. :grinning:

2 Likes