Connecting Hugo 2 to SN2

Would there be any discernible difference in sound between a Chord Epic RCA to RCA and a Chord Epic RCA to 5DIN? I know that DIN is usually the preferred choice with Naim. Are there any other cables I should be looking at?

RCA to Din sounds better.

1 Like

Rather than spending £500 on the Epic you could buy a Naim RCA to Din for £115, leaving you £385 to spend on something else. I use a 1m one to connect my Rega phono stage to my Supernait 3 and it works really well.

1 Like

I felt the Hi-line RCA-DIN worked very well with the original Hugo into my Naim system. Worth investigating.

2 Likes

Just for confirmation. Be it lavender or hi-line RCA-DIN interconnect, they are directional, right?

1 Like

Make sure you order RCA to Din and all will be well.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, do you know if the rca hi line would definitely fit the Hugo 2? I understand that the rca ports on the Hugo 2 mean that certain cables aren’t compatible. Cheers

Yes, it will fit. The very first Mk1 Hugos didn’t have enough space around the RCA sockets, and quite a lot of plugs wouldn’t fit, but Chord changed this a long time before the Mk2 was released, so you’ll be fine.

As Chris says above, it’ll be fine.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.