Connecting NAC to NAP 250 DR

Good evening Naim users.
I have a NAC-N 272, I would like to pair it with a NAP 250 DR. In this connection, Naim writes in the installation manual for NAP that Only Naim Audio speaker cable should be used to connect a loudspeaker to the output of the NAP 250. Custom Naim Audio loudspeaker connectors are supplied to make the connection
What is in the box when you receive the NAP 250? I assume there is a cable connecting NAC and NAP with each other. Are the speaker connectors for the connection on the NAP also supplied?
Thank you in advance
Sincerely Peter

DIN-XLR cable and two naim speaker cable terminations were included with our 250DR.

1 Like

Hi Peter, in the box with the NAP250DR you should also receive a DIN-XLR cable to connect to the NAC-N272, and also a pair of Naim SA8 speaker connectors. Your dealer can then solder these to the amp end of your chosen speaker cable.

3 Likes

Thank you very much Dane
Have a Nice evening

Peter

Thank you lainO. Have a nice evening

Peter

1 Like

272/250DR is a great combo, we enjoyed ours for 18 months.

Good luck with the upgrade.

PSU on the 272 makes a big difference.

3 Likes

Agree with that.

Roger

1 Like

I think this is Naim trying to sell you NAC cable and plugs! Any good plug will work, I have Chord cables (Signature XL at £350pm) plus Chord plugs at both ends (3x250DR, Active Kudos 808) The NAC cables are a good cable and A4/5 pretty fairly priced but the Chord cable is better by some margin to my ears. I do use Naim plugs and NAC A4 in some other systems and they are good, but not your only choice in this expensive part of your system! (Chord cables as above 5m @ 6 lengths £10,500)
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks Forrestm

I have cables that I want to reuse, they are some very good JMR cables, don’t remember the price of them.
As I understand it, I just need to make sure that my current cables are connected to these male connectors that come with the NAP250DR.

Sincerely Peter

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.