Connecting portable CD player to MuSo 2

Hi,
Bought a Naim Muso 2 and would like to play my CD collection directly through the system without losing any quality. I have a portable Sony GShock CD player that I use to use running (yes it was a think back in the day) and was wondering if I can use that or some other small portable CD unit. The Muso is positioned on a dedicated floating shelf and trying to avoid having any bulky items around the Speaker as its sleek minimalist look is something I want to keep.
Any thought’s suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Mike
New to Naim system and slowly swapping out my Sonos stuff so please be gentle

The Mu-So has both an analogue input on a 3.5mm jack and also a digital input via TOSLINK s/pdif. Your CD player will have at least an analogue output, hopefully line level but if not the headphone out will do. Best of all it may have an optical s/pdif digital output. Which model player is it?

Ideally though you’re probably best off ripping any CDs and streaming them locally from a suitable device.

1 Like

While an analogue connection would work, my choice would be to follow Richard’s suggestion and rip your CDs. You can then play them from a small USB drive (even a memory stick or two) attached to the Muso.
Storing CD rips on a NAS is another option, a bit more versatile than USB, and it can be stored anywhere with a connection to your home network so there would be no clutter at all near your Muso.

1 Like

If you still want a compact cd player, and assuming your Sony doesn’t have optical out; richer sounds, tangent cd player £159 has optical output to go into the 3.5mm jack socket on the right hand side of the muso (it’s compatible with mini optical).

1 Like

Thanks guys…… just hooked it up using a 3.5mm jack and works a great…… I will check out RS as I believe optical might provide an better sound
Thanks again for the quick responses
Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.