Connection advice stageline HICAP vs AUX 252 Supercap DR

Dear all,

My stageline MM is now connected with a Hicap non DR to the 252.
Would it be better to use the powered AUX socket of the 252 so that the stageline also gets the power from the Supercap DR?
I thought that using it the powered aux from the 252 might effect the other sources negative.
And I am wondering what might be the best option.

The TT is not (yet) my main source.

This may sound obvious, but why not try it and see what you think?

2 Likes

Worth bearing in mind that the SuperCap has a dedicated DR rail that feeds just the powered aux input on the 252. So you are effectively getting the StageLine powered by a dedicated Supercap in that respect.

I agree that you can try. My money is on it sounding better without the HC in this case.

3 Likes

Both Stageline N and S sounded better via Nac52 aux than powered by an olive HC in my system.

1 Like

We have tried our 252 with and without the Stageline N connected to Aux2 and didn’t hear any degradation of our digital source connected to CD input.

1 Like

I’ve recently tried my Superline with its own PSU and powered off the pre. The latter won out but it was marginal, but off the pre to these ears was a little more fluent.

1 Like

I used a Stageline K via my 252 Aux2 socket for 15 years. Didn’t feel the need to change anything.

1 Like

You cannot use both. Its either or… :thinking:

You can certainly do that. There a re numerous posts on this forum comparing the power options for the Stageline/Superline. No much consensus as to which sounds better.

I went for the option without the HC. So pwrd AUX from 252 with the SCDR.

Sounded very good.
Thxs for the advise all.

2 Likes

And now you can sell the HC and buy a bunch of LPs.

3 Likes

And that was my feeling - win/win!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.