Connections question

I have two pseudo-multi-room systems. I have swapped Naim amps in one, and things have gone wrong. Any advice please

Background (apologies if lengthy). Downstairs Master = NAC 82 plus power amps/speakers. A lead goes from the NAC 82 through to a Satellite amp NAC 32-5 plus power amp, which also takes an independent CD input. Upshot: you can listen to Master in both locations, or listen to Master in just one and Satellite in the other. Perfect.

I had a parallel system upstairs. Master was NAC 112 plus power amp with a lead through to a Satellite NAC 92 + power amp. Upshot: you could listen to Master in both locations, or listen to Master in just one and Satellite in the other.

My Mistake. I replaced the Master 112/200 with a Nait 5i from elsewhere (thinking the 112/200 could do more worthy work in another room). But now I can’t find any way to get a signal from the Master Nait 5i into the Satellite NAC 92. I’ve attached a photograph of the rear connections on the Nait 5i. I couldn’t see what to plug the Master-to-Satellite DIN connector into.

Am I just being dumb in trying to slot the Nait 5i into a role previously filled by a 112/200

love to all, Stevie xx

Try tape out as a line level input to the slave preamp.

1 Like

Than you Robert. But it looks like that will require a 2-phono to DIN cable. Is that the sort of thing I could get run up pretty easily? I’m sort of out of my depth here, love Stevie xx

Yes easily purchased.

Ch1 and ch2 are pins 3&5 (the pin numbering isn’t sequential clockwise or anti-clockwise)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.