Connectivity

Might seem like a daft question, but I am new to high end streaming systems.
Can I connect my Linn LP12 to a Mu So 2nd Generation?

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Are you proposing to have the LP12 and Muso 2 as a system or do you have the LP12 in a main system and the Muso 2 located elsewhere, yet still want to listen to vinyl played on the LP12 via this Muso ?

In a word, no.

But to give a more helpful answer we would need to know more about whether there are other HiFi systems involved.

Best

David

It is possible - there’s an an analogue input, so it can take a signal from the Linn’s phono stage - but the bigger question is whether that’s the best way to make the most of such a fine record player. Perhaps something more traditional in the range will offer you what you’re after. If you let us know what you are trying to achieve, we can suggest the best options for you.

I agree that there are far superior ways to use an LP12, but sadly I tend to mainly stream music these days and wanted to do this in a better quality way. I wanted to also connect to television. I still have a collection of vinyl and wanted the occasional option of reminiscing. The LP12 is sat on top of a mostly redundant system and feel the need to ‘declutter’.
I can preach to myself that vinyl is better and I know so, but have become addicted to the ease of modern music access!

1 Like

‘Proper’ Naim systems have streamers, too! Sure, you can use a Muso with your LP12, but if you want the convenience of streaming and a connection to the TV, a decent stereo setup can do this, too. I guess it depends on how much of a priority vinyl is for you, but a Uniti or a separate Naim streamer could still do what you want and get more from your LP12.

If you want to downsize to a single box, do consider a Uniti box and a pair of small speakers. The ability to have speakers six feet apart to give a proper soundstage will give so much more than a mu-so. We had a Qb in the study and swapped to a UnitiQute 2 and a pair of Neat Iotas on the wall and it’s just so much more enjoyable.

It sounds to me like the Uniti range might be just what you’re after. You can still connect your LP12 (so long as it’s like level from a phono stage), and you then just need to add speakers and you’re prettyt much set. Do make sure though that you have a good solid internet and a decenet router. If you have hard wired ethernet around the house, all the better, although wifi can also be OK if the signal is stable and strong enough.

If you want to add streaming for different rooms around the house you can add more unitis or else just Mu-Sos.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.