Considering moving away from my Supernait 1

g958MAC7200-F

This would match perfectly with your JBL’s ! It also have a upgradable dac card…

2 Likes

Wow a radio!

As it’s actually a fashion , there are a lot of all in one integrated with full options as dac, streamer, phono.
From Micromega one, to Goldnote, Simaudio, Vinnie Rossie, Hegel, Aurender, Lumin…Devialet.
For the look only, I would choose Devialet.
In the 5k range, probably the Goldnote.

Goldnote is 1000

But why all these ugly screens.

1 Like

Apart Atom or Nova, what would be your preference for an all in one integrated?
They have all a screen, if they have a Dac and Streaming board.
Apart this one, but 20k.

2 Likes

Not necessarily looking for an all in one. Just struggling to accept to upgrade from a SN1, I need to go with 6+ boxes.

So just exploring some 1-3 box solutions before committing to the Naim option (which breaks my heart after 20years!)

I’m actually mainly looking to upgrade the analogue side, digital is a must but a by product.

From what I read on your original post, you are searching something notably better from the SN1. You have tried adding Nd5xs2 and Qutest, but you didn’t found a worthwhile improvement.
I think it’s the same reason why some found little improvement between 272/ 555dr and bare 272/ Nds/555dr: In both situations the real upgrade comes when both the source and preamp are upgraded. ( 282/hicap/ Nds/ 555dr would be a real step).
For all the Naim gear i owned, I always found the pre to be the most important part, after the source.

So in your case, if you don’t want to have 6 boxes, you need a better integrated and also source.
Something like a 10k integrated ( Jeff Rowland, Musical Fidelity) and Ndx2 ( streamer and Dac in one box) should give you a notable upgrade, 2 box solution. IMHO.

The top end Moon Audio integrated looks interesting, saw it discussed on another thread.

I’m sorry. But are we talking about 10-15K electronic upgrade though JBL L-100 speakers? I don’t get it. Just for fun why don’t you home demo a couple of speakers. Maybe Harbeth 30.2 and see if that may be a better option

These speakers cost around 5k. So I don’t see the problem personally.
I have nearly 35 k electronics ( amp/pre/source/server) on 6k speakers and it works beautifully.
Better have 15k electronics on 5k speakers than the contrary. IMO.

1 Like

I’m sorry. Are we talking about the same speakers? The JBL L-100’s are available in the US at multiple “big box” stores for $2000 a pair. Or like 1500 BP

Cough !!
I was kinda in the same spot as the OP a few years ago, with that situational comedy of trying to keep down the box count - but moving away from a Naim XS2 instead of the SN1.
I made a plump for a Karan KAI180mk2 - instead of naim SN/pre powers.

932F52BD-8823-4D71-A4CA-24AD1DE3E24F-2559-000002FA7792259F

Has proved to be a nice bit of kit. Plenty of online reviews.
Now recently discontinued, although I’m sure the only UK dealer has a few still in.

Maybe there’s an error where I see. But it’s indicated 5k euros.

image The right ones?

3 Likes

I moved away from a 272/Xpsdr/250DR to a Nagra integrated, the Naim dealer I traded my gear in to says Nagra is by far his favorite brand.I am quite happy with my current setup, with buying records as the only upgrade I am considering, for now.

7 Likes

For one box only.

That belongs on a military aircraft or the back office if a healthcare scientist.

2 Likes

Here is what I would do…and did, I have the Supernait one with Hicap2DR, added the 282 pre
kept the supernait and used the amp section of it, works great. I had the 250dr in the exact same set up
to my ears it was quite close, I am using good book shelf speakers, my guess the 250dr would shine with large floor standers with strong bass control.

You have the snait, and hicap, just add preamp.

3 Likes

HaHa, I actually think it looks really cool, and it really oozes quality from top to bottom. The remote is also made from heavy aluminum, not plastic, the Swiss know how to build things. When you manually turn up the volume, you can tell the dial is built like a Swiss watch, and the sound is the best I have owned.

Well duh! You’re paying 3K for the cat

1 Like

It’s a very nice cat!