- Loaded music file normally to USB stick for transfer to Core DONE MANY TIMES over the years.
- Once USB inserted, realised that title of tracks were unnecessarily long. So aborted IMPORT TRANSFER to Core. ie. just observed the titles on app.
- Used Mp3tag to alter TITLES on original stored file on laptop to manageable size, all 265 tracks !
- Reloaded revised titling onto Stick and then stick inserted back into Core, then observed that TITLES were still the same as they were originally! (VERY ODD)
- Tried USB stick on laptop media player and TITLES were short as expected!
- Reformatted USB stick at Core as MUSIC STORE - now realise I now have NEW files on stick not observed before: .NAIM (how would I like to open instruction when clicked) , STORE (has Music & Downloads Folders within) and SCRATCH (m/t)
- Where do I go from here - have tried formatting at lap top, starting again. JUST VERY CONFUSED NOW.
Have I incorrectly set up the USB stick as a music store? Do not remember having any issue before when I set the USB stick up (to be used as a transfer medium)
HELP PLEASE before I regret something!
(All music library in Core currently as expected - unchanged)
OK looks to be fixed.
Perhaps I should not have formatted the USB stick as a “Music Store”! But seemed to remember that when first using the new USB stick it requested it to be formatted by the Core - not sure now?
Anyway as I had no replies to the “problem” come 16hrs later, I decided to format the USB stick on laptop - clearing the stick of the three files mentioned above.
Reloaded music onto stick and progressed onto Core - Titles displayed shortened, so no idea why I had the initial long title display issue? It as though the player had some how a stored image of the files, although not yet imported? (ie. during removing stick, correcting titles and then re applying to Core, stored image still retained?) Perhaps its the app?
I suppose I might get an answer from someone?
But one question - why when (quick) formatting the USB on lap top does the stick still retain the Naim a456 -5670 etc number as its ID? Thanks John