Cost of our 'hobby' - frightening!

getting back into hifi, superuniti, rega, B&W 804d3 .

Wouldn’t be on this forum otherwise. Aren’t we lucky :grinning:

4 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree, this is what we do. Mine is currently empty after recent speaker purchase…

Oooh, I have a different system, both my wife and I work, her salary is automatically paid into my account, I pay all of the bills. very simple system.

Interesting to hear different people’s ways of dealing with this but my wife and I opened a joint account within 6 weeks of meeting when we moved in together in 1997. At the time she earned more than I did and at various times over the past 22 years one has earned more than the other and then it has switched around.

At present I earn perhaps 150% of what she does (take-home) but we have only ever had one account used for all salaries, bills and discretionary purchases. We don’t really have much by way of savings either preferring to live in the moment but we both pay fairly heavily into our pensions by way of saving for our old age and have a reasonable chunk of equity in the house which should fund a decent place in a cheaper part of the country when we do retire (because the current mortgage will likely never be cleared - unless we both work to 65 and live rather too frugally now)

I just bought a Naim NDX secondhand and the discussion amounted to me saying I’d like to upgrade from the Squeezebox and telling her about the model I was interested in. She was fine with that as we both love music and we both like each other to be happy. I don’t quibble when she wants something either and rely on each other’s judgement to assess what is financially sensible.

Jonathan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.